1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

picking up trash, how to mount 5 gallon pail

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Up North, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Hey JP,
    Nope, the bag won't work as the back just doesn't fit the armrests well at all, and I tried hanging it off the front of my seat but then the bag covers my controls (key, throttle, etc.) I wish Snapper would have mounted that stuff on the tank, oh well. I was looking at my deck to see if your method would work but even with a 52" deck I don't have enough room for a pail. I did find a smaller bucket that will probably work for me just by sitting on the platform, but now I have to figure out where to hook my grabber...if it's not one thing it's another... :D

2. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Buck,

I might give the smaller pail idea when it gets warmer here. Been in the 50's the past two days so I have been stuffing the trash in my jacket and then putting it in the 5 gallon bucket in the truck. We had snow,hail, and rain here yesterday. Felt like November to me. Riding on the ztr I should have had my complete carhart outfit on. :p

3. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

I hear you. Sunday we had snow coming down so hard you couldn't see 300yds...I'm serious. Today was nice, in the 50's finally. If I would've done any work with the Z last week I would have been fully decked out in my snowmobile gear...minus the helmet. :D

4. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

When I worked at the city we put a 5 gallon bucket on the front and strapped it on with a bungee cord.