Pickup Dump bed

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by pjnlandscape, Feb 7, 2010.

1. pjnlandscape

pjnlandscape LawnSite Member

I am looking at this option for a 2005-2008 ford f250 or possibly a 350 if i can find one cheap enough, definatly a short bed supercab, due to plowing and the desire to haul people in the cab, so dont anybody get me going on a eight foot bed.HaHa

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

keep your s10 for the ladies and use the sd for work. go w/ a flatbed anything else is a waste of $... even if you go w/ a skinny flatbed (ie home depot and lowes style)

3. pjnlandscape

pjnlandscape LawnSite Member

well brandon the ladies do love the s-10. the signature does'nt say but it is dropped almost to the ground and blacked out with limo tint(which catches flak from the cops). but it is time to consolidate, i have a 1999 expedition that is equally tricked with a leveling kit, my bank account can only handle one truck now. HaHa thanks for the thought though.

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

The bottom line is yes you can do it and yes it will work, but you can end up messing up the bed if you start trying to dump heavy loads. If it's for mulch and brush and stuff, it should be fine. I have a buddy who had one and he had a big leaf box on his truck and it did ok. Sometimes he'd be using a fork to get some of it out though because he was over the lift capacity. I've seen some the were a lift cylinder but others are an air bag I think. You can also just get one of the crank-type ones ...I forget what they call them. Basically it's a heavy fabric with a crank that mounts on the tailgate and the fabric lies on the truck bed.

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Just to let you know I have an 8ft mason dump and 10 ton lift cylinder for sale. Comes with the sub-frame and the electric over-hydraulic pump for it also.

Used will be wayyyyy cheaper than new.