pickup dump

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Aaron Marshall, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Aaron Marshall

Aaron Marshall LawnSite Member

Anyone every installed or used one of the pick up dump box kits? Supposed to be rated at 4000lbs. I can think of advantages and disadvantages of this compared to a slide in dump. Plus it only costs $850. Also, it saves weight, 200lb kit compared to a ????lb steel insert, unless you go with aluminum, and that is big $$$$.
    Thanks guys

2. pines

pines LawnSite Member

What is the slide in dump that you are speaking of for only $850? Could you post a web address?

3. Aaron Marshall

Aaron Marshall LawnSite Member

i mean the dump kit only costs $850, sorry for the confusion.

4. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I beleive He is talking about this set-up; Hoist Kit Turns Your Pickup into a Dump Truck! from Northern tools or simular.
    Aron, These are fine for lite stuff, but the bad thing about them is they are difecult to install and your truck bed is not heavy duty enough to withstand the 4000 lbs.
    I have a F-250 that I bought a flatbed from a guy then I installed a hoist kit under the flatbed. It works great and saves time and labor and is heavy duty enough for my uses.
    E-mail me if you want more info. pjslawncare@yahoo.com

pictures of pj\'s trucks 119.jpg

5. pjslawncare/landscap

Here is a picture of bed down

snow plow truck.jpg

6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

pjslawncare/landscap,

Where did you get the hoist kit? How much did it cost you? How difficult to install? i got a '89 f250 with a flatbed and i'd like to put a hoist on it, just don't know how difficult iot would be.

7. pjslawncare/landscap

DLCS, Here is the kit . It requires a bit of welding and a tad of fabricaing brackets for pump assembly. I used two 1" X 1/4" steel stock to bolt pump/resivoire to. Scissor/hyd. cylinder assembly is one peice and you weld directly to frame. Two heavy brackets bolt to underside of flatbed. Hinges (2) must be weled to rear of frame and under flatbed.Obviouslly flatbed must be removed durring install. Then just wire switch in dash and fab fuel inlet. Took me about three days with my front loader for lifting bed. Good idea to have a lifting source (big tree & come alonge, big cherry picker, front loader, engine hoist)

8. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

9. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Turf9- have you used the loadhandler for rock or dirt? I'm considering getting one for my truck. Thanks.