1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pickup truck or SUV???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by VT MOWER, Apr 13, 2008.

1. VT MOWER

VT MOWER LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

I currently have a suv and will be trading in for a new vehicle this fall. I am wondering if it's worth it to have a pickup or a suv. It would be handy for cleanups and mulch but could that be done with a few barrels?? Thinking of getting a Wrangler Unlimited but also thinking of a pickup as well.

What would you guys do??

2. CGLC

CGLC LawnSite Member

Suv = Moms Lawn Care

3. IndyChad

IndyChad LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Truck---No Jeep

4. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

You could do it in an SUV. You can just get a bigger trailer to make up for it. Good luck.

5. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that even a serious Question. i mean a truck is for working an Suv is for sport. i mean its all about what your doing with it iguess. but i mean in the fall i am probably gonna get a bronco for plowing drives but we shall see. i cant afford to have it sit all summer thou. so it might be a truck

6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I have a SUV and want a truck BAD.

7. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Bronco II right now. Although there are LOTS of times that a bed would come in handy doing this type of work, I found a 5.9L, 4x4 Bronco that Im gonna get. I just gotta have it!

8. GrassQuester

GrassQuester LawnSite Member

Lol funny you should ask I wanted a Suv so much when I started my lawn biz (I wanted A Nissan Xterra) My roomate looked at the Nissan Titan and said to me man,,,,,Grab the Titan, I am so happy now I grabbed theTitan it is all that! Now I have the Xterra 3 years later as my personal vehicle.

9. VirginiaLawnCare

VirginiaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Truck is the only thing I would use. But then again theres all kinds of people pulling trailers around with SUV's here..

10. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey shawn if you can swing it keep the suv for the family and buy a used f150 2 wheel drive for mowing, you can get these pretty cheap and it will help alot with mulch and spring/fall cleanups because those are always good money makers. It saves time with a truck. Time is money. good luck buddy...