Picnic Table Mover

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Flex-Deck, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

We mow a ton of acres of picnic areas and campgrounds. Here is what I made this winter that will save boo koo minutes. We have always been able to push tables with the mower, but there is often a tree or other obstacle in the way, so it was a hassle to get off the mower and pull the table into the mowed area. Now we will be able to mow along one side of the table, backup - hookup and pull the table into the mowed area without getting off. Then continue around the table and be on your way.
    The first pic is the flat plate for pushing and the arm in the up (stow position)
    The second pic is the pull the table position - operator simply pushes on the rod and the pull arm goes over center and drops over the seat of the table
    The third pic is push position. Just drive into the table and keep going.

Picnic Table Puller-Front View.jpg

Picnic Table Mover-Pull Position.jpg

Picnic Table Mover - Push Position.jpg
  2. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

3. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of additional deck arm do you have on the mower there?
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'm assuming that this is for metal pipe framed tables? This probably wouldn't work on wooden legged tables.
  5. EJD Lawnpride

EJD Lawnpride LawnSite Senior Member

Still looks like a lot of trouble to line everything up correctly.
  6. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah especially since they could save even more time with a real mower. Then the tables wouldn't matter that much.
  7. Wright Mfg

Wright Mfg Guest

Interesting - Many people come up with tools to solve their own problem, which is great. From a marketing standpoint, I see a problem, but maybe it's just a problem around here. Many public picnic tables I've seen are chained to other tables or chained to a stake in the ground. I think it's not so much that they would be stolen otherwise, I think they just don't want people to move them to where ever they want. You may be able to swing it around a stake but I can see how that would be a challenge to do with a mower and may then not be so practical and a bit of damage may result.

8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Hey flex, nice to see you're still around. We have a flat plate on the front of our Bobcats to push tables out of the way. It would be nice to be able to pull them sometimes but we don't have enough tables to make it worth while. It also works on trampolines.
    Wright, sometimes you can push the chained table out of the way enough to finish cutting.
    Striperpro, do a search on Flexdeck and you will see what he has on his mowers.
  9. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Interesting set up although I have never had a problem "nudging" the tables out of the way on a soccer field complex my company used to mow.
    I finally had enough and simply sprayed round up at a reduced rate, aka chemical mowing, around and under the tables.
    Problem solved for four months.
    I did a time/cost survey vs. moving the tables/mowing around then handtrimming/or chemical mowing. Results were the chemical mowing was over thirty percent faster and over twenty percent more economical than the other methods.
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I like it and I think it's pretty clever. But then again, can we expect any less from you!lol Good to see you again....:)