PICS:Blow em out

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Oct 4, 2007.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

well here is a few..

firs ill get you a few cape pics..
    This is the Pioneer of irrigation on cape cod in the late 70's and early 80's..Put in thousands of systems across south eastern Mass..Been installing for 33 years...Older that I am..I respect his opinion and design method...He taught me a ton of trouble shooting small tricks to save $$ and time on jobs.
    No, this is not the drunk but my boy ronnie....If any of you ever asked me for a reference He would be the first to give it.....
    [​IMG]

casa del hermit crabs
    [​IMG]

draining the dock faucet..We install and maintain many of these dock faucets...The rich people love em...

[​IMG]

the day got better than this
    [​IMG]

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

keep the wake down guys
    [​IMG]

Our set up for Ron's accounts, we are guessing we can pound out 75-100 a week.
    [​IMG]

steam, smells funny
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

the bush, the bush, the bush is on fire!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Nice pics...ROTAR..especially of the old geezer..looks like me & Peter!

4. CAPT Stream Rotar

Thanks mike...Myself and ronnie have a great working relationship...I do all the leg work...he is the PR man, he lets me flag jobs, pull jobs while telling me what i need to improve on...I learned much from him this year..he is 67 years old and can still to this day dig a MEAN DITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

the rig...manual reel..its a Lindsay Air compressor that holds about 50 or so pounds, and operates max @ 40 cfm in a good day....Its perfect for getting in tight spots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lol we were joking that this compressor has seen better days, but still pounds em out like a champ.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

nice boots
    [​IMG]

Sorry WB for the file sizes.

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Cool pics, looks wet there!

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Jeez ROTAR..now you got me jazzed to start winterizing too! Looks like I
    will this year 'cause Hank just fired a pretty good irri prospect who, by his
    own fault, lost Hank's trust..& that's all it takes for most of us.

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

hoskm-Its real weird weather out here 40 'F one morning 65 the next...

Mike-If he lost hanks trust I'm sure it was a serious matter...I am always straight foward with el heffe..Like for example today i asked my boss when i would be getting laid off because i MIGHT be going down south to work for the winter...

8. CAPT Stream Rotar

Last round of the day..

[​IMG]

HACK A DOOODLEDOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    NO NOT MY WORK MIKE LEARY!

[​IMG]

from a far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yuck..
    [​IMG]

9. bckind

bckind LawnSite Member
    from WI

how can u get by with such small cfm(compressor)? residentials i can see, but we do some lake properties where a leroi185 won't cut it, 210 just barely. who ever designed these systems wasn't thinking about blowin em out. 30+ plus heads, big pump. any suggestions?

10. CAPT Stream Rotar

Yikes..sounds like a nightmare...you must have some great water pressure or stupid IT's. I would tell the HO somthing needs to be done...Either elimate heads, make new zones, possibly install a QCV like mike leary @ the end of each overloaded zone?Have you tried to cap a few heads on the end? Have you tried to blow out the system from the last head..

I mean 210 cfm barely getting the job done?

::falls oveR::