1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

(PICS) bush/shrub trim estimate?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mg10117, Jul 21, 2007.

1. mg10117

mg10117 LawnSite Member

I was hoping to get some advise on this bush and shrub trimming job estimate. It is to include all trimable shrubs and bushes for the entire property...and to dispose of trimmings...I figured around $600.00 or 650.00?? is that too high?? I did a job about half the size the other day and got $350.00 for about 5 hours of work...what do you think? Here are some pics...:confused:

nidia 020.JPG

nidia 002.JPG

nidia 004.JPG

nidia 003.JPG

nidia 006.JPG
  2. mg10117

mg10117 LawnSite Member

more pics???:confused:

nidia 007.JPG

nidia 008.JPG

nidia 009.JPG

nidia 010.JPG

nidia 012.JPG
  3. mg10117

mg10117 LawnSite Member

more pics??

nidia 013.JPG

nidia 015.JPG

nidia 018.JPG

nidia 019.JPG

nidia 016.JPG
  4. Bingham Brothers

Bingham Brothers LawnSite Member

I started bidding these types of jobs on an hourly basis, plus any removal fee. I found that it took stress off of me from bidding to low. I have been getting $50 an hour in my area. $35 an hour for weeding. When I get more experience I may switch.
  5. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

You have the pain the nut factor there. There's a lot of stone area to clean up and if your not putting mulch down you have to do a real good job of cleaning up. Bid by the hour but also give them a ball park figure so they kind of know what it will be.
  6. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

You can blow that stone out with a blower no problem. That job is an easy one. Wish you well on it.
  7. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

Why are the trees SO close to the building? They are going to outgrow their positions in just a couple of more years.
  8. mg10117

mg10117 LawnSite Member

thanks for info...very helpfull, but do you think my price of 600-650 is fair? too much? I'd rather not tell customer my hourly rate, done it in the past and have had the wow factor from them...plus i may use 2 of my part time helpers for this one...what do you think? thanks again!!!
  9. next12mj

next12mj LawnSite Member

yeah i think it sounds about right...if they give you a weird look or somenthin just ask them what they were thinking....and split the difference

also another thing is if you lay some tarps down it should be that difficult to clean up at all as long as you keep most of it on them
  10. 2006Silverado

2006Silverado LawnSite Member
    from GA

Ok, I'm ending up in the same boat. May have a few opportunities to bid similar jobs, but just not getting how to bid at all. Now hourly, do you just kind figure in your head how long you think it will take and give them that? Or tell them, they will be charged hourly? I always thought hourly w/the customer is a big no-no. Don't you want to avoid having to tell them your charging them $50-80/hr?