1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

pics/equipment/good idea?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stslawncare, Jun 6, 2001.

1. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

hey guys whats up? i got this idea, tell me what u think. We always love to look at pics of everyones equipment, usually have something good to say abuot them to, ALWAYS get new ideas thinking to ourselves "hey that would look nice on my trailer" so i was thinking what if we had a forum/page or whatever for just pictures? it would not be a discussion forum but more a show off forum, if we have a question concerning the picture post the question on this forum rather the picture one. forum would be strictly pictures, could also post a description or whatever under it, or how about if every person had there own thread where when they get new equipment they add it to there thread and it goes to the top? u get my thrift guys?
  2. trimmer

trimmer LawnSite Senior Member

It sounds good to me. I would like to post some pics but I have to get a camera first.:)
  3. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I just won this cool hp digitel camera in some kinde of internet contest!! So i will be taking some pics soon!! i think the pic fourm would be a good addition to lawn site
  4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

While we're on the subject of pictures.............how many of you are paying for Photopoint now? I'm not but don't know of another way to send pictures to Lawnsite..........do you? I think the picture forum would be neat, I like to see others ideas and screw ups as well. I don't even mind showing you mine. My POS digital camera is gonna hit the concrete one day real hard!
  5. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Until something better comes along, I have a thousand or so industry related photo's in a MSN community.

Feel free to upload more.

I know a lot of people have givin and takin clip art from there too.

Hope this helps!
  6. Lawnshark

Lawnshark LawnSite Member

I think the picture forum is a good idea. I would like to get some pictures on the site anyways, but this sounds like a very cool idea an I would definately like to see this come about.
  7. The_Outlaw

The_Outlaw LawnSite Member

I've never posted a picture to this forum, but can't you just store the pictures on your ISP's server (where you would put your homepage)?
    Then, use that URL when posting to lawnsite?:confused:
  8. stslawncare

from DE

what i like is if the forum is just for pictures, as in each member has there own threat, ex, thread subjects would be stslawncare, guido, paul, and so on, the first post of each thread can be there pictures of what they have, as they get new stuff they add a message to there thread, now u might say there are 3000+ members, but how many have pics? Goal is to make it easy to see what everyone has, and to keep all pics together, then u can do a search under just that forum for that person if u want to see! u know what i mean!
  9. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Is that it takes up waaaaaay too much space. Especially this ammount of traffic uploading pics. Thats why I just settled with MSN for the purpose I wanted it for.
  10. stslawncare

from DE

good point, but what free up space in all the other forums, just think about how much space is being taken up with equipment pictures!