Pics from DLS inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Landscraper1, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

I have 4 cutting crews, each pulling one of those trailers. 2 are GMC 3500, 1 is a Chevy 3500, and the last is a crew cab GMC 4500. They all can pull a full 20' trailer with a full load of grass clippings.

2. landscaper5

landscaper5 LawnSite Member

What age did you start this company at? Congrats man!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

anymore pics of that landscape trailer? That's really awesome looking, but it looks REALLY heavy too... What kind of axles are under it, looks like it could haul a skid with no problem.

4. THORNTON SERVICES LLC

THORNTON SERVICES LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice equipment , thanks for sharing with everyone , I was curious if you had any pics of your mowing set up loaded up and ready to operate with equipment etc? The trailer is nice , do you run anything less than a 20ft trailer??

5. Landscraper1

Thx, I have customized my trailers since I was a teenager. Then it was mostly with wood. In 2005, I came out with this design and have stuck to it. I really don't see anything I can improve on, yet.

Trailer is registered at 8000gvw. I have some things on the other side that I am patenting so, for now, I don't want it out there to be copied. What I can tell you is what each 20 ft trailer carries.

1- 60" Hustler Super Z
    1- 54" Hustler Z4 or 52" Mini Super Z
    1- 52" Wright Stander w/ turbo 10 catcher
    1- 32" Wright Stander w/ catcher
    1- 21" push mower
    3- Shindaiwa grass trimmers
    3- Shindaiwa backpack blowers
    1- Husqvarna chainsaw
    1- Tanaka hedge trimmer
    12- assorted long handle tools
    4- d-handle tools
    1- 5 gal water cooler
    1- Solo backpack sprayer
    1- 10 gal water tank (for filling sprayer or washing hands)
    1- 10 gal fuel tank for the mix
    1- 15 gal fuel tank fro reg gas
    2- large toolboxes for all the hand tools, belts, oil, jack, etc, etc.

6. gcbailey

from WV

I can understand that. Very nice indeed. Do you carry an air tank on any of them or a portable "jumper box" with a compressor?

7. Landscraper1

Thx. I don't have anything yet. I just figured out how to load pics onto this sight. When I get a chance, I will get more pics to post.

I also have a 16ft, which was the first with this design. I only have it now as a backup. If a trailer is out of commission for a repair, the crew will need to make do with it.

8. Landscraper1

Funny you ask that. I was just talking to my foreman about it last week.

We have had air tanks. The men would make sure they were full every morning. A couple of years ago I decided to have each crew carry a jumper box w/compressor. I thought these things were great. Now, I am frustrated with them. They don't seem to last very long and I find myself constantly replacing them. At first, I thought that maybe the brand I had was junk. After trying multiple ones, I came to the conclusion that they are all junk. I think we are going back to the old air tanks next year.

9. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

Whats the need for the bucket truck? Looks like an old cable company one/

10. gcbailey

from WV

We carry both on the trailers, a 15 gal tank and a booster box. We get about 2 years out of the booster boxes before the batteries won't hold a charge, but they have came in handy in starting mowers or other equipment. I've had about 4 different brands (usually whatever Sam's Club carries). You can't beat an air tank, as long as it has air in it!