Pics from DLS inc.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Landscraper1, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

Only 2 employees have CDL licenses. Those are the 2 that would pull trailers with that truck. That's me and another. I don't like to get into bigger because, of all the BS DOT makes you go through when you have vehicles over 26K, at least in MA. Try to keep things simple. Otherwise any one of my men can drive that truck without a CDL.

I'm not sure of the payload. I can tell you, it can haul anything I can fit in it. I have hauled 10yds of loam, many a time. (while crossing my fingers, lol)

2. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

I know that whole "while crossing my fingers" feeling!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Landscraper1

Here is the GMC 5500. It's the most productive truck in the fleet. I wish GM never stopped making them. I would of had a couple more by now.

compost 001.jpg

compost 001.jpg

4. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

5. TriCityLawnCareLLC

from Ohio

I'm 100% chevy/gmc- great trucks.

What makes that 5500 your most productive truck? Is GM not making 5500 there's truck anymore?

6. Landscraper1

The truck has b**ls, it's got the great Duramax engine, Allison automatic transmission, it turns on a dime, and the 12ft landscape dump. That truck can easily carry 16 yds of mulch and still pull a Finn bark blower. It also has a side door which makes it very convenient for various jobs.

GM stopped making the mid sized trucks after they had to be bailed out, years back. Because of the cost for the new emissions standards, they couldn't see investing all that money while getting a loan from the government.

I hear rumors of hem getting back in but, nothing substantial. I hope they do.

7. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

There's an article on GM authority that was published about a week ago, where Mark Reuss(sp?) who is the head of GM North America talked about the 4500/5500 market. He hinted that there is a truck in the works to compete with the F-450/550, and that he and the dealers wanted to get back in this market.

That's a nice truck BTW! I love your fleet.

Happy Thanksgiving too. :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Landscraper1

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

9. TriCityLawnCareLLC

from Ohio

What are your thoughts on a bark blower. I've been considering getting one but have my reserves. I see its benefits in saving labor. Any thoughts- both pro and con would be much appreciated
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Landscraper1

Posted via Mobile Device
    It's a money maker!!!