Pics from new guy on just starting out

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Field King, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Field King

Field King LawnSite Senior Member

This is my first year in lawn service, I am starting on a tight budget and am paying cash for everything! Here is a pic of my Ferris 48" belt drive walk behind I bought used and my 21" Lawnboy that I bought at a yard sale for $10, the blower is a Crapsman but I have had it for my yard for 12 years and it still runs strong, the weedeater is a Crapsman also bought at a pawnshop for $60 and used 3 years at home so far, I will add pics of truck and trailer soon, watch me grow! P.S, that is my English Setter bird dog in the background in a kennel I built for him![​IMG] PLEASE FORGIVE THE CHEAP CAMERA, I AM ON A BUDGET!

2. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

Its a start but dont the cheap cameras have focus? LOL

3. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the same FERRIS mower wouldn't trade it for anything, very reliable good luck see you on the green...!

4. Field King

It pulls just slightly to the left, I guess it can be adjusted but I have not learned how yet, do you know how?

5. BlackDog3

BlackDog3 LawnSite Member

Looks like a good start man. Good luck to you.

Chris

6. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Should be adjusters on both the left and right sides for the drivebelts. . . one being tighter or looser than the other is usually what causes the pull.

It could also be your tires - I would make sure that they're both inflated equally.

7. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

Good mowers to start with but your gonna need a commercial blower and trimmer fast. I would also invest in a commercial stick edger. If you have never used commercial trimmer/blower/edger let me tell you there is a world of difference. You could check the pawn shops.I recomend Stihl and some of the Echoe stuff is good.
    And if your not advertising your already running late so get out there and pass out some flyers. Good luck!

8. Mike's LawnCare Landscape

Mike's LawnCare Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Good start .
    Looking good. I heard good things about Lawnboys (but there loud).
    Redmax has a good lite weight trimmer for around $250 but they like there Blowers more $400 to $500

9. Field King

I have a lead on a used stick edger made by Tanaka and I will be buying Echoe or Stihl trimmers and blowers, thanx for the tips!

10. BlackCloudDiesel

BlackCloudDiesel LawnSite Member

You should check out Shindaiwa for your small equipment needs! I've been running a large number of their products for years and have never had a problem, knock on wood of course!