1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pics from start to present

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Lowcountry Lawn Care, Jul 25, 2005.

1. This is the story of my business as far as equipment growth. I started with this 1999 chevy 6 cylinder pickup, a 6x12 open angle iron trailer, a 60 in cut exmark lazer z w/ a 23 hp kohler, and stihl weedeater, backpack blower and edger. I then upgraded to a 2003 Chevy 1500 with a V8 engine. This also gave me room to expand with a new enclosed horton hauler 7x16 trailer. This became my rolling billboard. This year I bought a new house with a shop in the rear acreage. I expanded once more. The final pictures show my new Chevy 2500HD and the new 2005 John Deere 757 I bought this year. I also bought a few new pieces of stihl equipment. I hope you enjoy the pics. Please share your story to continue this thread. I have been blessed and this website sure has helped immensely. Keep it goin guys..... Now please enjoy the photos. http://photos.yahoo.com/myersnicholas
  2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

thats sweet. and NICE shop. Thats awesome.
  3. Thanks. sounds like you have some nice equipment yourself
  4. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

How was that Chevy 1500 handling the enclosed trailer??
  5. The 1500 was handling the trailer really well. It was starting to sag a little in the rear, but when i bought the new mower, it wasn't handling all the weight real well. I didn't want to tear it up, so i decided to invest in the 2500.
  6. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

Alright thanks.
  7. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Are you doing this solo or do you have helpers? It looks like you are doing very well either way.
  8. smullen

smullen LawnSite Member

Congrats on your success... Your hard work is paying off...

I can only dream of the day, I'm making enought to pay for a house and get some bigger equiptment...

Besides being a rolling billboard which I think looks cool as hell, some security and keeping the rain off the mowers do the enclosed trailers add any benifit???

They look so nice, but I was wondering if I was missing another use for them...
  9. Well you hit most of the biggest assets of having an enclosed trailer it also provides a nice place to rest in the shade and catch a break. I also find that it is nice when you have those lazy moments when you don't want to unload as soon as getting back to the shop. And to answer lawn boys question I am doing this solo, but I should add that I am also a full time federal firefighter and do this on my time off so everything is not simply from the business. Thank you for all your compliments and good luck to all of you too.
  10. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I thought the point of having an enclosed trailer or box truck was to avoid unloading everything. Nice shop though.