pics from winterizations

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenworldh20, Oct 26, 2003.

1. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

ok, since we were talking about winterizations, i decided to snap some pics of new accounts we took on this season. check them out. the first pic is of a manifold...have fun servicing this one:

double stacked manifold.jpg

2. greenworldh20

ahh, here is another angle of the same valve box...notice the rainsensor, how great it must work!

broke rain sensro.jpg

3. greenworldh20

here is another home we picked up this winter...homeowner wanted irrigation for planters on deck...here is what another irrigation dude came up with:

poly on deck.jpg

4. greenworldh20

here is a close up of pipes. notice one side of the fitting has 2 crimps and the other has one, then there are 'extra crimps' that have not been used...what were they thinking?

poly on deck 2.jpg

5. greenworldh20

this is what it looks like when i winterized the system...do you think when the system is operating that the whole deck gets watered...why didn't they put drip or spagehetti tube with stakes in the planting pots?

poly on deck 3.jpg

6. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

This is how my competition likes to run their wires.
    [​IMG]

7. NC_Irrigator

from NC

More wiring techniques, weedeaters will love this one!
    [​IMG]

8. essprinklers

essprinklers LawnSite Member

greenworld
    just curious about valve placement, i see this isnt your work, i like to place the valves in seperate boxes throughout the lawn. what is your preference?

9. greenworldh20

would i place valves through out a property...always in groups, never by themselves.

on most residentials, i would place valves in one box as close to backflow prevention device as possible.

brian

10. NC_Irrigator

from NC

thoughout the lawn. (1) 1" valve for a 10" round valve box or up to (3) 1" valves in a 12x16" standard plastic valve box