Pics from Yard Crashers on DIY Network

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by The Lighting Geek, Feb 24, 2008.

1. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

Here are some pics from a couple of episodes I have done. Remember the show is about DIY and so I made a 12volt chandelier out of colored vases. That was fun. Season I starts April 7, 'Nailed @ Nine' time slot on DIY Network

IMG_2098.jpg

DSCF0192 small.jpg

DSCF0194 small.jpg

lights small.JPG

total view small.JPG

2. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Very Cool Tommy! I will be looking forward to the episodes.

3. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Way to go Geek Man, you are on a roll my brother. Hey where is my link for the books?

4. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

Why do you want to be on a DIY show? Has it brought you any work do you think? Obviously the exposure is great but are you exposing yourself to potential clients? Do you think that participating in a DIY show is encouraging this type of activity. Meaning homeowners installing landscape lighting systems on their own?
    Just curious as to what the results have been.

5. The Lighting Geek

I have no idea what will happen to be honest. I have alot of fun doing it and I am hoping it is a stepping stone to getting on HGTV where there is a different audience. It has been a learning experience about what goes into a show on either network.

I try to separate what should be done by a trained professional vs. doing it yourself. The rest up to the editor, I just hope I don't get left on the cutting room floor!:confused:

6. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the response. Will you tell us when it's on when you find out please.

7. The Lighting Geek

Pete, the latest I heard is DIY Network (sister to HGTV) is that season 1 starts 4-07-08 Mondays 'Nailed @ nine' timeslot. It might be a different time where you are, but it is the prime time slot for Monday night. I am only on 2 (the last 2 filmed) of the first 13 episodes. They are already filming season 2 as we speak.

8. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

9. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

congrats.... i hope they don't cut you off....

the quirkyier( i don't even know if thats a word) you are the more likely you will get some air time....

if you are completly Bat $#it crazy... they will give you your own show...

can't be bad advertising...

10. bluediamond

bluediamond LawnSite Member

good for you geek. We have also done some shows for the DIY network (ten things you must know) 3 shows to be exact. We got a few calls from people who saw the show and we were able to put their logo on our website and that also helps alot, but the experience was great. Hopefully a little spot on the rachael ray show soon will help us even better. Anyway good for you and keep up the good work.