PICS - Home Depot Special

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JimLewis, Oct 12, 2012.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

hopefully its just a temp setup to get things established... seems like it'd almost been cheaper to put it in the ground though, all those hosed must be $

2. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

*trucewhiteflag*
    The customer who we were working for lives just down the street. He was telling me today that when it first went in he was thinking it was temporary too. That was over a year ago. So looks like it's not.

This guy makes the case for why you need HOAs.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Any town can command the removal of the above ground install within the easement area, which would usually cover the sidewalk strip and sidewalk and a bit beyond.

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

That lash-up does have "lawsuit" written all over it. Anyone remember that one at a restaurant where someone fell off the sidewalk and got impaled on a riser? The client sued the restaurant, the contractor AND W*M. Won, big time.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  5. DQL10

DQL10 LawnSite Senior Member

Please excuse my ignorance but isn't that considered private property? Or is that easement considered public property?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

Here in my hood property owners own to the center of the street.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

All your base are belong to us

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I'm suprised the kids have not come by on their skateboards and kicked all of them over, sure happened on a lot of my commercial sites. :laugh:

9. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

someone setup us the bomb

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Easements are subject to town influence and/or control. Some towns I know of got so tired of p!ssy homeowners complaining about damage to sprinkler heads in the sidewalk strips, they up and banned them entirely. I remember one commercial customer wanting to pass a repair bill over to the town, for damage caused by the town planting a tree in the sidewalk strip, and I just shook my head and informed them that they never, ever, want to go there.