Pics of a customers BURNT yard.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by z_clark, Feb 28, 2007.

1. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

Got a call a few days ago. He said "The neighborhood kids had a science experiment go bad an my lawn caught fire and burned". I couln't resist swinging by for a picture! The first picture is of his lawn with only 500 sqft burned. The second picture is of the neighbors lawn...totally burned!

I bet these "neighborhood kids" got in some trouble over this! Bermuda is tuff-stuff, so it should be back as soon as our growing season starts. It will probably be greener and with less weeds too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Im not seeing pictures.

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

lol! nice! Well, truthfuly bermuda and Zoysia LOVE to be burned off like that. It gets all the dead crap out and that lawn will look better than ever and NO scalping this spring needed! Now the one that was only part burned, well it's going to look funny for a while...

Back in the days of old, eeryone burned their lawns like that, but now with city codes, ect, it's rather illegal unless you live out in the sticks.

4. Mr. Vern

Mr. Vern LawnSite Senior Member

That's hilarious!

5. JosephLawnCare

JosephLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like the kid should sent em a bill.

6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

There was a similar fire in Wichita last Friday, only started by a cigarette. The only problem was the 30 MPH wind with over 45 MPH gusts. Burned like half a block of lawns, and like 5 houses with either partial damage or totally gone.

7. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Wonder what they were experimenting.:laugh:

8. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

I bet those kids had a priceless facial expression. Then second thought was to run.

Naplam.
    I remember those days, playing around with gasoline and a bonfire. Made a cool gas bomb out of Unleaded gas, paint thinner, charcool lighter fluid, and "Goof Off", ended up singeing all arm hair off with one eyebrow too.

9. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Experiment my A$$! See even the neighborhood kids have more nuts then most of us. I bet they screwed this kid out of some mowing money on to many times!

10. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

I'd prolby cry if somebody did that to my yard.