Pics. of a fall leaf cleanup

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RedMax Man, Dec 1, 2006.

1. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Here are some pictures. We did this one a couple weekends ago. The truck with the leaf loader is my friend's

Before
    [​IMG]
    Me doing the finish cut:
    [​IMG]
    Sucking up the pile. The person standing is my helper.
    [​IMG]
    after
    [​IMG]
    last
    [​IMG]

DSCF4777b.jpg

DSCF4784c.jpg

DSCF4789d.jpg

DSCF4792a.jpg

DSCF4714a.jpg

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

This is a nice setup and you did an excellant job. It still puzzles me why you guys don't simply mulch the leaves on one pass then use a simple bagger on the second pass? Do you think it takes longer to mulch/bag them?

3. sunray

sunray LawnSite Member

Great job and a really nice truck.

4. RedMax Man

I started the job by blowing around the edges of the property and places i couldn't reach with the mower, then mowed the lawn without the catcher just shredded the leaves, then mowed with the catcher and sucked up all the shredded leaves and finish by mowing perpendicular to before without the catcher so there would be some nice stripes left.

5. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

I love the sign on the mower. Your the first person I have ever seen do that. And that's a pretty nice leaf rig, you must be glad to have access to that, huh...

P.S.-how long did it take you to load that pile to the truck?

6. RedMax Man

I said that is not my truck ( i wish it was) it's my buddies. I have a Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Club Cab. I'll post a pic. of it when i get a chance.
    Here is another pic. of my buddies International:cool2: .
    [​IMG]

DSCF4786ii.jpg

7. RedMax Man

We dump all the leafs on the driveway and he sucked them up in 10 min. with the billy goat loader.

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

you did a nice job on the yard it looks great and your buddy's got a nice truck there too

9. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Peabody has a sweet leaf truck. It's huge. Everything looks great from the pics. Do you make any money when he helps you do the cleanups?

10. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey now that you got the walker you will be able to cut your time in 1/2 on lawns like that.