1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

(PICS) of big job?? HELP ME!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mg10117, Jun 11, 2007.

1. mg10117

mg10117 LawnSite Member

This guy wants all beds weeded, all bushes trimmed, 17-18 yards of black dye mulch applied, weed mat placed under mulch in rear beds, fresh river rock applied over top the old river rock, and 5 of those big red bushes bordering the pool ripped out. what do ya think? how much $$$ do I charge...thanks again P.S. it looks much worse in person...

001.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

011.JPG

023.JPG

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you have to work with (dump truck, 5X8 trailer, 7X16 trailer) all the RIGHT equip? Are you solo, a helper, a crew? All these would determine price due to overhead, fuel (how many trips you have to make dumping clippings and pickup of mulch). With a little more info you'll get better repsonses.

3. mg10117

mg10117 LawnSite Member

more pics of this mess!!:confused:

004.JPG

005.JPG

020.JPG

012.JPG

018.JPG

4. mg10117

mg10117 LawnSite Member

I have a dump truck that holds 7 yards. I aslo have a 5x10 trailer. As for a crew, not really, I will have to call all 3 of my part time workers to help me with this one. And I figure 2 trips to the dump...What do you think? thanks for help...

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

WOW what a mess.....

cant help ya on price..... you know what to do...

how much to run your truck down the road, how much will material cost ya.
    how much do you pay your help... how long will it take......
    how much to dump.....

6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Rough estimate....$2500-$3500

7. kevin11946ny

kevin11946ny LawnSite Member

$2500-$3500 for this mulch job..

I have a yard its around 40 cubic yards of muclh plus they asked to remove the old mulch, ive never did a mulch job before. Im not sure what to bid on this size, plus the mulch bed is 200 feet long and 20-30 feet wide and the whole thing is slightly up hill.

how muclh mulch can i hold in a 7x16 trailer with 4 foot plywood walls?

this is my fisrst time doing this...and from your pictures, your job looks like nothing compared to this job i looked out today to put a bid on tomorrow i will also try to post a pic.

DAm if your going to bid $3k i should be asking $6k.

well hope we all make money,

plus this house im out is a 5million dollar home i nthe hamptons.

good luck.
    kevin

8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

He isn't just mulching.

9. mg10117

mg10117 LawnSite Member

dont forget about trimming all the bushes, weeding, weed barrier, and river rock?? think more maybe:confused: ?

10. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

How much mulch depends on the load rating of your trailer. I have a 6' x 12' with tandem axles rated @ 7,000 lbs. I can rarely get more than 4 yards on and must go plentydamn slow or it'll pull the truck (F250) all over the road. It's the weight of the mulch, not the volume you can pack in - check your axle rating and ask us again.