1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pics of Deere 50D and hyd valve

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Construct'O, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Weather has changed here,so took a few pictures of the 50D and the diverter valve mounted on the boom with the electric switch in the cab.

Talked to the mechanic that installed the valve and asked about the push button on the end of the switch? He said when pushed in that you could run the thumb and the attachment(or two attachments) at the same time if needed.Not sure when you would need to do that,but??????

As you can see got snow;):usflag:

Deere 50D 001.jpg

Deere 50D 002.jpg

Deere 50D 003.jpg
  2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Whats that white stuff? ;) :laugh:

How many hours do you have on it?
  3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like you got the cloth seat option!
  4. SellingIron

SellingIron LawnSite Senior Member
    from FTE

What that thumb setup cost ya installed???
  5. Mr. Rain

Mr. Rain LawnSite Member

That's a Fassi valve. Just in the process of putting one on my 3203 tractor to add a rear SCV off the bucket control valve from the dual mid SCV bank. Pretty slick. I'm thinking of using a different switch that I can mount a little cleaner in the dash instead of the box it came with. I can't think of a situation where I would ever need the "both at once" button, so I won't wire it in with one.
  6. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

So could i use a valve like that to run my hydraulic coupler on my ex?
  7. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Yeah we have snow!!!!!!!! Snowed all last night and today.Still trying to spit a little now.

The thumb setup was figured in with the price of the machine with the extra valves for the auxil and flow valve.Didn't get picture of the auxil flow valve it is behind the leftside panel behind the cab.Didn't want to take the panel off for know.

The flow valve was a factory valve,but had to have the dealer mount it with the factory rocker switch in the dash panel.Will post a few more pictures later showing th rocker switch.

I would think that you could use the valve for your hydraulic coupler.They just tee'd into the thumb lines.There is a button on the end like i said for if you want to use it for two thing at once.

When the button is for just one thing ,you flip the toggle swith left or right to use the thumb or the auxil.So you can switch back and forth from thumb to auxil without getting out of the cab.:usflag:
  8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I'll bet that valve would be real handy on a skid steer, being able to tun my tilt tach with the combo bucket.
  9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I would have a aluminum cover made to project the electric selenoids from damage.

Do you have enough hydraulics to operate the thumb and attachements plus use the machine ?

You slap Volvo decals on the machine you never could tell the difference :laugh:

You can get the muli control for the machine Deere has them for the fullsize machines. They have a trigger for closing the thumb a button for opening the thumb and a few extra buttons for what ever.
  10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice set up.