pics of Flex-Deck on an EXMARK WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Mar 31, 2002.

1. Well it's done, here are some pics.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I guess the guy doesn't have a head. haha.

Looks good, when are you going to Brad's to pick it up?

Can't wait for the info on how well it does.
  3. Hey That's Brad in the pics.

May go get it Tuesday.
  4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

gotta say ,i like the way it looks.i value my trim side to much to use it on the z. but some applcations ,i can see where it would
    work pretty good.
    wondering if u can remove it easily and leave your original trim
    in say 5 min.if thats the case ,i would give it a shot.
  5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

awm - the bracket that we put on the main deck does not interfere with trimming even with the flex-deck off-all the pivot points and arms etc are inset 2" or more.
    It comes off in 30 seconds, and goes on the same.

The bracket keeps the main deck totally enclosed, it just reshapes the front corner so we can get the Flex-Deck blade as close as possible to the Main Deck trimming blade (approximately 1") You see, the Flex-Deck is also totaly enclosed, and as you can see in the pics, the discharge area just in front of the main deck is not adjustable: The entire bottom edge of the skirt is 1/4" below the cutting edge of the blade under the flex-deck, and unmowed grass that is heading for the main deck to be mowed in this area rakes the flex-deck discharge area clean.

Thanks, Brad
  6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

How did it feel to be using a real eXmark? haha.

Sorry about the confusion last weekend, glad to see you got LGF's taken care of. I can't wait to get some data on it. Good luck.
  7. mqgreen

mqgreen LawnSite Member

Hi there i am new to the business and have never seen one of these. What are the advantages to having one. What is there basic purpose. I noticed it going under the pine tree and it looked helpful there but wouldn't it just be in the way most of the time?
  8. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

OK, I give up. Just wondering, why are you walking a lawn the size in the picture?? Isn't that the job of a velky, which would be mowing at about twice the speed. You still need to trim the landscape ties, so I'm not sure what the point of the flex deck is. Thanks,
  9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The pictures are from the FD just being put on the machine. Flex Deck was put on LGF's mower so he can use. Size of that lawn is irrelevant.

With the FD you add 18" to the cut width of any mower. For example, with a 36" you flip the deck up and drive thru a gate, flip it back down and cut with 54". You can use the deck to get under trees, etc to reduce trimming. But the biggest advantage is the added width to cut.
  10. toby

toby LawnSite Member
    from ontario

Looks good Brad.
    Price? How difficult is the install? Will it void the warrenty? How quickly will it detach-attach? flex height adjustments? Where are the clippings dispersed? How much added width with the flex-deck flipped up? Why no pic of the flex flipped up? Why don't you have an option of putting a 5 hp motor on it for added power in spring cuts & for leaves?
    I understand the WB deck must be cut to accomidate the flex-deck attachment.