Pics of Gravely 260Z Striper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GravelyGuy, Jun 8, 2007.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Does anyone have pics of the factory striper or one that you made for this mower? Please post them if you have any.

Thanks...

2. Whoosier Mower

Whoosier Mower LawnSite Member
    from Indy

Sorry, no pictures of the striper for the Gravely but wondered if you still had the trailer for sale? If so, would you mind posting some pics & price?

Thanks,
    Appreciate it.

3. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Click the link.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=189714

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I just ordered one for our 152M Monday. It only looks like a thicker piece of rubber with a few slots cut into it. As soon as I get it I can take a pic.

5. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

A pic would be good nobagger, I tried to make one out of rubber, but I think the rubber I used was too stiff. When I lowered the deck down to 3" it tore off because of the bend.

How much was the factory striper? I figured it would be pretty expensive for a stupid piece of rubber, but now I am considering it.

Thanks...

6. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

Use a good heavy duty mudflap from a truck... works like a charm. Get a good thick one.

7. fire1man

fire1man LawnSite Member

i paid 69.00 look here at there accessories for a picture

http://www.gravely.com/products/zeroturn/260MXDZ/accessories.asp

8. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Just got finished. Hopefully it will not get ripped going up and down the ramp. It sits just a tiny bit higher than the scalp wheels which rub every time I get on and off of the trailer.

260Z Striper 001.jpg

260Z Striper 002.jpg

9. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Hope mom wasn't too attatched to the front door mat:laugh:

10. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Gravely Guy, that looks great! I put mine on last week.... WHAT A PITA! They suggested taking off the rear wheels (didnt do it) All it was , was a piece of rubber (about the thickness of 2 quarter's), some bracing and self tapping bolts. One nice thing is you can adjust the rubber to 4 or 5 different heights. 3 hrs later,lol, it was on and there is a huge difference in stripes. Ill try to get some pics up but this is the first we've been home before 830pm in months. We havent had any rain in the past month or so, so its kinda hard to see the real effects of the kit but a definite improvement.