Pics of Homeowner stripes

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by kolar, Nov 9, 2003.

1. kolar

kolar LawnSite Member

This is my first time posting pics, hope it works...:)

dsc00014.jpg

2. kolar

kolar LawnSite Member

3. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

;) Looks good.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Nice and SWEET!! Your hired.
    John

5. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks awesome Kolar!! Welcome to LS. What setup are you running? Here are a couple from my "last mow of the season"

side1a.jpg

6. dwost

back2.jpg

7. kolar

kolar LawnSite Member

I'm using a lazer HP 2352 with a striping kit. Dwost your strips look great to. My lawns only 8 weeks old. I hope I can keep it looking that way.

8. JarrodsDad

JarrodsDad LawnSite Member

What's the deal with these stripes? i don't even think I have seen thenm up north here...

Do they cost extra and can can someone fill me inon the benefits of this procedure please?

Thanxs

9. dwost

JarrodsDad, welcome to LS. To answer your questions, quite simply they provide no benefit to the lawn other than the appearance. They are free, unless you price out the extras to help with definition. If you look at a commercially cut lawn (or in my case, one cut with a commercial mower) you're more likely than not will see them. There are things you can do such as rollers, chains, double blades, deck pitch, etc... that will enhance the stripping effect and provide a professional, manicured appearance. Some people don't care for them, however if you do a search on this site, you will be reading for days on how to do it and see some amazing patterns. Enjoy!!

10. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

I guess I dont understand...HOW do you do them?