Pics of jobs

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by qualitylawnman, Dec 10, 2006.

1. qualitylawnman

qualitylawnman LawnSite Member

the border that is not straight the homeowner put up after we finished and she didn't get them straight. We offered to do it but they did not want to pay the extra money. I agree the house is ugly but the work pays my bills

2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i agree that from the pictures the walls do not look straight.

3. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Well, I think it's obvious that all of the wall pics show signfiicant dips. That was the first thing my eye was drawn to.

I would also agree that walkway is quite steep. I guess some folks might want that, but I would have tried to have sold a few steps in there. I also prefer a soldier course on all walkways... without the edging.

Honestly, the workmanship looks a little shoddy, and it seems attention to detail was not the order of the day.

That's just my opinion.

4. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking at the pic it looks like the wall has a bow in it. How ever i do understand when you step a wall you can not run it straight real easy but it can be level with out a problem. My opinion!
    Mike

5. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

I know it isn't easy but the cut block above the drainage pipe isn't looking to smooth either.

6. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bottom left hand corner, block looks like he stepped the footer nothing in front of it. A lot of blocks on top of it though.
    Mike