Pics of JRCO leaf plow mounted on WB.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Nov 9, 2004.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Does anyone have any pics of their JRCO leaf plow mounted to their walk behind mowers? In particular, a 36" walk behind.

I bought a used one with no mounting instructions and am having trouble figuring it out.

Ande of course I waited until the last minute to try to attach it! Now I have need it for a job this week! A few quick detailed pics would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am definetly going to be getting one next year. I have used my mower about a half dozen times this year pushing the leaves

3. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to their web site and see their pics. Do you have the mounting bracket?

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I have the mounting bar, but it came off a ZTR. I looked at JRCO's website and they have a diagram of the two styles of mounting (1. flat castor arm, and 2. angled castor arm).
    It looks like on the angled castor set up (which is what my Exmark castor arms are), the mounting bar is supposed to have some kind of side brackets. Since mine came off a ZTR, it doesn't have these side brackets.
    And I can't make out enough detail from JRCO's diagram to see exactly what is needed.

But the first problem I'm having is just getting the plow to mount to the mount itself.
    The aluminum "C" channels (that extend the plow forward out front of the castors) hit the nut inside the steel "U" shaped brackets (the brackets that attach to the mounting bar).
    Not sure if I'm using the right holes, or what. And the way the hole line up, I can't see how it will flip back for transport mode.

Oh well, back to the garage. Any other close up pics would be helpful (thanks Mow Ed for the link to your pic. That helped some).

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Okay, I went back to JRCO's website and saw that there is a button to click on that shows more detailed diagrams. I printed out the pdf formatted diagrams, and I see I had the steel "U" brackets upside down. So I got that straightened our now.
    I also saw how the hardware goes. So I'm cool there.
    But unfortunately, I also saw that I need special brackets to mount it to my mower. They are side plates that attach the mounting bar to my front castor arms so that it sits flat and level.

I have to order these brackets before I can use it. Which sucks, because I wanted to use it tomorrow on my first leaf job of the season.
    Oh well, that's what I get for waiting until the last minute!.

It turns out all the info I needed was on JRCO's website afterall, I just had to dig a little further for it.

Thanks again though for the input.

7. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

Im really suprised that that set up would be faster than blowing. Can you tell me the advantages?

8. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

9. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

Blowing is much faster, but when you get to the point that the leaves are not moving anymore. you just take the plow and push the majority to the street, or wherever you need them. then you go back to blowing, then repeat.

Personally i hate tarping leaves, i just perfer this way better.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

For those of you that have them, how high do the bottom tines set a above the ground? What I mean is, if you park it on cement, how far up is the clearance of the bottom of the plow? I am looking to build one.