Pics of leaf rig and New Ultra-Vac QDS

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by FrankenScagMachines, Nov 17, 2005.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Here's my leaf truck & trailer & my 2005 Lazer 60" 27hp (Kohler :realmad: ) with my brand new (just got today) UltraVac QDS. This thing is schweet!!!!!! :cool2: :D payup :waving:

In the blower cage is a Stihl BG85 handheld blower (love it!), RedMax EBZ8000RH Backpack blower (love it! awesome!) and Echo PB650T backpack blower (good one too but its no 8000). All blowers are 2004's. The Billy Goat leaf vac loader is I think a 1992 and its 11hp. The truck is a 1966 Chevy 2-ton with a 7x12' flatbed with hydraulic PTO hoist, 292 inline 6, 4 speed tranny with a 2 speed rear end and 6.48 gears... Its a hard working truck and can be fun to drive, but a real money pit plain and simple. I guess its still cheaper than a newer one... It is pretty gentle on gas too, seems to do about 7 mpg which ain't bad at all... It gets some comments sometimes while i'm pumping gas or stopped somewhere, and gets looks all the time.. .Its a "LCF" model, "Low Cab Forward" (Low compared to cabover, and forward compared to a conventional cab). Kind of a unique body type/style. I slapped on paint & big rig bumper this summer and it looks pretty good if you don't get too close! haha...

This is a great leaf setup IMHO. The 11hp Billy Goat loader is a little small but works great for the money I have in the truck and loader I cannot complain for sure :) This UltraVac is sweet and so is the Lazer! Wish I'd gotten the QDS sooner in the year, but had a hard time making myself spend the money :(

IMG00003_2.jpg

2. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

IMG00004_2.jpg

3. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

IMG00005_2.jpg

4. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

The hose is on the trailer deck. I normally leave it connected to the truck. The receiver hitch I just built yesterday (thread on that too in the pics forum). The swing away vac mount I built using half of a ROPS modified a little.. it works great and cost nothing.

IMG00007_2.jpg

5. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

some leaves in my yard, haven't picked them up once all season, these are silver maple leaves.. Two days ago it poured rain all day and all night long I started building an ark haha... then yesterday it got real cold, today it froze overnight... so this was a mess. Just used regular Excalibur blades set at 3.5" high which is about how high I normally mow our yard. It hasn't been mowed in a month probably so there was a good deal of grass cut off... this UV QDS is really nice... i like it almost impossible to clog up unless you overfill it! :cool2:

IMG00008_2.jpg

6. John_Deere Nut

John_Deere Nut LawnSite Member

awesome set up and i really like the QDS on the lazer. if u don't mind, how much did u spend on the QDS?

7. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

I traded in a early/mid 90's 48" Exmark Viking belt drive walk behind mower they gave me $500 for that, vac was $2300, so 2300-500=1700, then 200 more for taxes= 1900 total cost. The QDS is sweet. It holds quite a bit but still fills up kinda fast... oh well LOL... its easy to dump and like I said it doesn't hardly plug up at all.... i like it :)

8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I heard you were getting a 2006 F550 next spring!?!?!?

9. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Its good to see you posting again. What don't you like about the kohler?

10. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Because when it starts it not near as smoothe as a kawasaki. It makes that kaaaakhooler khhaaaakhooler sound and everytime you accelerate it sounds like the engine is bogging,:)