pics of my brothers dakota with blizzard plow.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Jun 10, 2006.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

i promised pics of my bros truck with plow in the thread i started about our rig, i posted them in that thread as well, but no one went back to look lol so here they are again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and mine again so you know what im talking about.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

lol no comments.

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Keeping my mouth shut :p

4. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats the most snow you have pushed with it?

5. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

Why waste a good plow on a dakota?????????????????????????

6. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

looks good...i like the blizzard on there...what made you go with blizzard and not snoway fisher or western???

i have an s10 with a western and the small trucks rule when it comes to drives and small lots...

also want to know biggest snow youve pushed with ti

7. ProStreetCamaro

How many fords have you owned that lost oil pressure? For us its been the last 3 out of 4 trucks. :hammerhead:

8. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

Just one truck, and it is a 1981 F-350 with the 351m, put an oil pump and new bearings in it. I also stop driving my trucks when i notice the oil pressure drops to nothing, can't say that my employees would do the same. I'm not bashing dakota's just saying that is a very light duty truck to put a plow on, and we all know hard plows are on front end parts.

9. ProStreetCamaro

Yeah we stopped when the pressure dropped. All 3 of them lost pressure due to sludge clogging up the oil pick up. We maintain our trucks pretty good so that left a very bad taste. 2 of them were inline 300's, and 1 was a 302. All of them lost pressure around the 60K mile mark. The inline 300 was a beast for towing because of the long stroke. It was by far more powerful than the 302, 351, 4.6 and our current 5.4. The new mod motors are pigs. Eat alot of fuel and have very little power :cry:

10. ProStreetCamaro

Also that blizzard plow isnt a "commercial" grade plow if you will. Thats more of a homeowner's plow. It is electric operated. It doesnt look very heavy but it appears to be dragging down the front of that dakota quit a bit. Our meyer is very heavy but it doesnt phase our K2500. We get very little snow here so it doesnt get used hardly at all.