Pics of my Cuttin' Rig

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Victor, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is one of more to come.

Vic

box trk12.jpg

2. Victor

Another one

box trk4.jpg

3. Victor

It's a 99 Isuzu NPR HD with a 14,500GVW, and a 175hp Diesel engine, backed by an automatic Aison tranny.

Vic

box trk 5.jpg

4. Victor

If you have any questions, let me know.

Vic

box trk 1.jpg

5. mc752000

mc752000 LawnSite Member

If you don't mind me asking how much does one like that run? Thank You!!

6. Victor

You should be able to get into a truck like mine, and hang a set of ramps on the back for under $20k if you look hard enough.

I love my truck setup better than my truck, and trailer setup for a lot of reasons. With this cabover, I can get into parking spots, that I never would have gotten into with my truck, and trailer. This truck is much more comfortable to drive than my truck, and trailer were. I also have a workshop (with workbench, complete fist aid kit, eyewash station, and tools) with me whenever I need it. I have a workbench, and tools. All of this is sheltered so that I can be doing things like respooling trimmer heads, or changing blades when it starts storming in the middle of one of my routes. I also like the fact that I can shut the back door, and use the restroom wherever I might need to. I love the fact that I don't havve to look for a restroom anymore. I have a lot more usable space than my 16 foot trailer had too.

I've gotten customers just because of the truck. They tell me all the time, they love having the truck sitting in front of their house, because it looks so professional. It's also a rolling billboard. It gets a lot of attention.

I've added a storage cabinet, aand other goodies since these pics were taken, and need to take some updated pics.

Needless to say. Although there's absolutely nothing wrong with a truck, and trailer. I'll never go back to using that kind of setup for a cutting rig.

Victor

7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Vic, i love it! What are the demensions of the box? WIll you now post the modifications you made to your ramp? I may have to come over and see this puppy in person this winter.

8. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome pics. That's the rig I want! ......what's your home address???? Just kidding:D Can't wait to see some more pics.

9. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of mpg,how does it run loaded out on freeway?--LOVE IT!!

10. mc752000

mc752000 LawnSite Member

Love the Set up!! I hear what you're saying on those stromy days when you get caught in them. So where did you all look for one of these set ups. I was thinking about buying a new truck with more power but I think I might just buy one of those. B/c my lil Mazda is still in great shape after 4 years it only has 38000 miles looks brand new inside and out except for one scratch on the tailgate. Anyways help me out with some websites or phone numbers if you got them handy.

GO LSU!!!!!!!!!!!