Pics of my leaf vac mounted to the front of my truck!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walker-talker, Nov 3, 2003.

1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Receiver mounted to the front of truck. Then a frame with the debris loader mounted. The rack has a hitch welded to it so it slips right in the receiver.

my leaf-vac mounted (1).jpg

2. walker-talker

from Midwest

my leaf-vac mounted (2).jpg

3. walker-talker

from Midwest

my leaf-vac mounted (3).jpg

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

lets see a pic of the whole setup.....

5. walker-talker

from Midwest

no discharge tube yet...

my leaf-vac mounted (4).jpg

6. walker-talker

from Midwest

You can see the galvanized pipe on the ground....this is what I had been using when I had the vac mounted on the trailer deck. I started to fabricate the discharge tube out of this but realized that this was too hokey-pokey. I will start from scratch tomorrow morning. Here is what the truck looked like when I first bought it 8 months ago. I still want to get the cab painted.

chevy c50 at my house.jpg

7. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

The only PITA about your set-up that I can forsee is if the tube to the bulkhead gets clogged its going to get old real fast climbing up thar to dislodge the debris and reset the tube.

That was a major PITA for us when we had ours on the trailer during wet leaf removal periods. Some days it seemed as though we spent more time schucking the tube to keep the debris flowing into the impeller than we did vacuuming the curbside piles -LOL!!!

BTW I hope your wipers work well because Im guessing that your gonna get alot of blowby and it'll be falling right ontop your windshield, same as it did the front of our trailer???

8. walker-talker

from Midwest

I didn't want to hear that....lol Actually I had thought about this and had planned on mounting quick disconnect clips from the vacumm unit and where the discharge meets the truck bed. Thanks for the heads up.

MATT

9. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

This may be a dum question, but why do you guys post the leaf suckers ont he front?

10. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Look's good!!!!!!! Do you pull your trailer with that?