1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of my new Ferris IS3100Z

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Greyst1, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, i cut that property at 4" which i never do. When i demo'd Ferris (3 models) each one i felt the deck was off height by about .5" so i cut it at 4 when i normally cut at 3.5. Either height (3.5, 3.75, 4) the machine stripes extremely well.

I took it to my largest property today also the weediest and it performed better than expected. Still laid a nice stripe.

2. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Very nice!!!

3. Greyst1

Thx, i appreciate that.

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

looks great. nice stripes as well

5. Greyst1

Here are some more stripes for the non believers.....

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

6. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Compared to your Exmark which one do you like better overall?

7. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Very nice looking machine. Cut looks great as well!

8. Greyst1

Easy answer, Ferris. My Exmark was a good machine, but i feel like my Ferris is a great machine. Now that Ferris has a real deck that can cut/stripe to me it was easy to make the switch. The ride is amazing, i'm really pleased with cut quality and build quality is superb. I think this machine is designed & engineered very well.

9. j-ville native

j-ville native LawnSite Senior Member

i hear good things about the ferris seats. what's it like? any back pain? any jolting going over bumps?

10. Greyst1

I have the new seat which is a non high back which i like better than the high back. Best way i can describer it is this seat is stiffer than most because it a better build quality than the old seats (non Ferris) but since the ride is so soft its a perfect fit. ZERO back pain and the fatigue from handling a 1300lb machine all day has almost been eliminated.

Thats one of the biggest benefits that probably goes unnoticed, i feel like i'm not working hard because i'm not as fatigued as if i would have ran a fixed frame machine all day.

As far as jolting the machine accepts most of the impact, however i have my springs set on 2 in the front and 3 in the back (1 = softest, 4 = most firm) so if i wanted i could get it even softer. I feel like this machine accepts the jolts on and XYZ plane. For those who don't understand machining its a 3 dim plane not just 2D. Overall i'm most pleased.