1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

pics of my new perma green

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Green Side Lawn Care, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Green Side Lawn Care

Green Side Lawn Care LawnSite Member

pics of my new perma green from this fall

magnum pic new 1.jpg
  2. Green Side Lawn Care

here is a better pic

new perma green1.jpg
  3. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

look good, hope it helps you make more $$ faster. not to steel your trend but i see you run john deere how are they working for you ? i have a brand new 757 25/60 cumming in about a week.
  4. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good
  5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good! I took a bunch of pics of mine when I bought it last spring... For 6 grand it was worthy of some photos!

Another pic I took of it was a good clear close-up of the model and serial tag. Just thought that might be nice to have in case of a fire or theft...

I like mine, sure takes a little while to get the hang of running it well, but after the learning curve it's easy. I think I'm going to get some new bicycle hand grips for it though... Something with a little larger diameter to them and a little softer. When I'm holding on to the throttle for a long time my hand really gets crapmed up. (the bike grips were a tip from americanlawn I believe)
  6. Green Side Lawn Care

the 757 is a good solid machine. have had no problems with them we put about 400 hrs on them per year. we are trading them in for the new deere z tracs this march . dont know what model yet they havent had to much info on them yet.
  7. itsallaboutthestripes

itsallaboutthestripes LawnSite Member

Make sure to take it to a property that has some hills. There are several ways to flip them over you can go side to side or the best is when the back end goes over the front going down a hill. We have 2 and have decided that they are the most dangerous pieces of equipment that we have. If I had it to do over I would buy the spreaders made by the Rich Co. they look like they would be easier to run.
  8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

That's called OPERATOR ERROR. I have many properties with ditches and hills, and I thought I was going to have troubles... After getting on them and soon realized that my fears were unfounded. There's a reason that the handle can be flipped down so you can walk behind the unit, SLOPES. It dosn't take long to learn how much of a slope you can ride across and at what point you need to get off and walk. As for flipping it over front ways, you have to be a superlightweight person to get this to happen. If you put more weight in the hopper than you weigh, that's the only way it could flip you.

Biggest problem I have is traction. I often fine myself spinning the tires when trying to turn or go up a grade. I can get off, or "scooter it" up a little grade, but I can't do much about the turns. Only time I have troubles is with a mostly full tank of chemical + 100 pounds or so of fert in the hopper.

I may look into adding another gallon of RV antifreeze per tire for more traction. I've read that this does help...
  9. itsallaboutthestripes

itsallaboutthestripes LawnSite Member

Operater error my ass it will flip wheather the handle is down or up. When you have 12 gallons of water and 200 lbs pounds of fert. on the front if it starts to tip you are screwed. I now know what hills it will go on and which ones it will not. I bet there are others on here that have had it flip up on to it's nose. As far as the tires spinning they spin on flat ground when you turn. So good luck with adding rv antifreeze.
  10. Braveheart

Braveheart LawnSite Member

Have you used it yet?

good - no good?

thinking of getting one...