Pics of my new rake I'll never have to buy again!

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Colaguy, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

Kobalt Tools Exclusive to Lowes. Lifetime warranty. $19.95. This is my second one. Other original one I bought, broke where fiberglass pole meets metal. There is a wood pole under fiberglass. I'm hard on tools:nono:! Thought I might need a receipt of purchase. Nope. Went to Lowes, grabbed new rake first, went to Customer Service. She wrote down model # & that was it, No ID needed & no signature. Looks like I'll never buy a new rake again:drinkup:

http://www.lowes.com/kobalt "Hassle free guarantee"

http://www.lowes.com/pd_37892-302-1...p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=Kobalt

[​IMG]

Dirty already!

[​IMG]

2. t608

t608 LawnSite Member
    from RI

3. Colaguy

Hard to beat a local name brand store warranty. I guess they hope we will forget about lifetime warranties or throw it away instead.

4. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

They typically warrenty non commercially used items...sears guy told me to beat it, when I tried to get warranty. Bought with my company card :nono:

5. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

Lifetime warranty. Nice. Is this on all kobalt like shovels, hand garden tools etc?

6. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

craftsman does this on all hand tools. that's where all my dirt rakes, spade shovels, transfer shovels, scoop shovels, lopers, I have a few leaf rakes from craftsman, some from local hardware stores and one from ace, which also has a no hassle lifetime warranty, and I buy all this stuff with my company card, with my company shirt on, never have an issue. I've brought scoop shovels into sears in two pieces, no issue getting a new one ever. I have some leaf rakes from home depot too, they seem to hold up just fine, lifetime warranty on those too

7. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info!

8. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

There is so much wrong with this entire thread...no wonder inflation is going crazy.....

9. Colaguy

Yes, I think so. Problem with Craftmans is, We only have one local store but have (3) Lowes stores. It breaks on job & need it replaced now, I can head to nearest Lowes.

There is so much wrong with this entire thread...no wonder inflation is going crazy.....

I doubt they're losing much profit due to inflation.

10. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Holland, I can speak for all their hand tools, but I bought 3 kobalt shovels, (spade flat and trenching) and they all had the lifetime warranty. I haven't tried the exchange program, and glad to hear that the lowes held up on their end to take the warranty. I need a new rack, so I will be going back to lowes for a couple rakes it looks like.
    Thanks.