Pics of my new (to me) aerator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grits, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Couple pics of my recently acquired Bluebird aerator Model #H530A. Bought it off a friend for $800. I feel like it was a good deal. Whatcha think?

aerator1.jpg

aerator2.jpg

2. WhitakerServices

WhitakerServices LawnSite Member

Sounds like a good deal to me. Eat your wheaties if this thing handles like the claussen (sp?) I ran, it will kick your ass. But you can make good money with it. congrats it is always nice to add some new equipment.

3. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

Take the weights out. they're useless.

4. Grits

from Florida

I have ran this particular aerator in the past. I find it fairly easy to use, just gotta be careful turning.

5. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

True enough (as the owner of a couple Bluebird 530's I took the liberty of editing this post).

6. Grits

from Florida

I was wondering about the weghts. I'll try it without them and see how it does.

7. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Sweet machine grits! Now all you have to do is paint the machine red to match the cape and put stripes on the wheels to match your socks!

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Show us a pic from the back, looking at the tines. I want to see if it plugs up like mine does... It may be better since it is the 530 though.

9. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

I have used the same machine, especially when getting ready to reseed a lawn. I need to find one, because I am so tired of renting when I need it. It runs $65 bucks a day. It is something that I don't use all the time but great to have when you need it. I probably could have bought one by now instead of paying that daily rent.

10. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

Nice machine, good luck with it!!!