1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pics of my rig!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Jason Rose, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well after 3 years of mot posting pics of my rig I fianlly decided to get some today of my new truck with my trailer hooked up and mostly loaded up.:waving: I actually cleaned up a couple lawns today that were deep in leaves still :hammerhead:

We had a record high of 82 today! :dizzy:

2. Jason Rose

A couple more.... I have to tell you, my camera is horrible :angry: That and I can't ever get far enough back to get pictures that include everything, and when I try I end up with a bunch of crap in front of the camera I didn't want in the pic! :rolleyes:

3. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks nice! Question--What is the dump bed made out of? How does the 2500 handle the dump bed and trailer? Looks great!
  4. Jason Rose

It's made out of metal... :dancing:

lol! Really it's a winkel flatbed with a Scott Level-lift hoist under it. It's an electric over hydraulic hoist. I really prefer them over a pto drive because you have power up and down and can have a positive stop anwhere inbetween. mines pretty quick too.

THe truck pulls the trailer like it's not even there. yesterday was the first trip with it actually and Iv'e put about 25 miles on it now. I hauled 2 tons of fertilizer (2 pallets) in the bed monday. It sagged the back end pretty good but it handled fine and drove perfect with the weight on it (no trailer on the back). The truck EMPTY weighs 7,880 pounds! I have a feeling I'm going to be buying some overload springs (no airbags) pretty soon.
  5. scaglawnsnj

scaglawnsnj LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Nice truck... I like that trailer! Is that galvinized, sweet.. how are the dixon's
  6. Jason Rose

No, not galvinized... Actually I painted it grey to match my old ford truck! Now it's just grey and out of place but I'm not gonna re-paint it now, I'm out of funds for paint and the equipment is already loaded on it! (Also, I couldn't decide what color to paint it... Black is so plain but not too many other colors would go good with the truck, yeah, I kinda want them to "go together" lol)

I like my dixons, I have another in the garage still. Believe it or not I am able to get it on the trailer with everything that's already on there!!! No use for it right now so it will stay home for a while. Sometime this year I hope to trade in my older dixon and get a new Kodiak 50" with the 25 hp Kohler and catcher.
  7. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

8. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I like that trailer. And the rear gate looks robust...how heavy is that thing!?
  9. Jason Rose

It's not too bad really, the Ez-Gate really helps, though I wish I had the kind that had springs on BOTH sides... When I bought the trailer the previous owner had trashed the expanded metal and he cut it off and replaced it with 1/8" dimond tread plate!!!!!!! You want to talk HEAVY!!!:dizzy: Each half weighed probably 200 pounds. That got fixed as soon as I bought it.
  10. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Nice rig Jason. Keep the trailer gray I think it looks fine.