1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pics of my set-up

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by curry, Mar 14, 2008.

1. curry

curry LawnSite Member

I just learned how to post pics and I know I enjoy looking at everyones set-up so I thought Id show you mine. The Toro Z is brand new, just bought. Its a 52" w/ 21 Kawi for $6700. The Toro 36" has a brand new 13hp Kawi that cost $1150 for the motor. I paid $1000 for the mower last year(used). It also has a pro-slide. Stihl pole saw, Shindiawa backpack blower(and a new Stihl BP blower is in the shop waiting on the Shindiawa to crap out). Stihl chainsaw, echo hedge trimmers, echo bp sprayer, stihl hand blower, echo trimmer, husqvarna trimmer, and finally a stihl edger. Give me some feedback.

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg
  2. markahurley

markahurley LawnSite Senior Member

looks like a nice setup! well organized too. did you customize the trailer yourself (trimmer racks, landscape box, etc)? i'm trying to figure out the best way to put a landscape box on mine, and haven't yet figured out if it's best to fab. one up, or find one already made. thanks for the post! your setup has inspired me. :)
  3. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

nice set-up, looks like you'e already broke in the mower
  4. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

That looks great, curry! I see you aren't partial to any one brand of handheld, with Echo, Stihl, Shindaiwa, and Husqvarna all on the same trailer. Did you build your own storage box for the front and the pole saw rack? I want to add some sort of storage unit to my trailer so I have somewhere to lock up blowers and gas cans. Do you have any pics of your truck? Looks like a Chevy from the taillights in one of the pics. Have a great year!

*we're all interested in landscape boxes, aren't we markahurley?*
  5. curry

curry LawnSite Member

Thanks guys. I built the trailer myself along with the box. I set all of it up myself. Trial and error. Im not partial to any brand but if I was I would lean towards Shindiawa. I had a shindi trimmer and forgot to lock the trimmertrap and it fell off. I looked around for something to hold my polesaw but couldnt find anything. I just knocked that out with some scrap. It holds it good. I took a pic of the whole thing but forgot to add it. Here it is.

Picture 022.jpg
  6. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Look like you are ready to mow some grass! Get some aluminum rims to spice that rig up a little bit and maybe some signs. I know some people do not like them or need them (one or the other) but, that would add a little more life to that rig!

7. curry

curry LawnSite Member

I totally agree. Those rims were behind the shop when I built the trailer 15 years ago and theyve never been replaced. Im looking to buy an enclosed trailer so I dont want to really do much else to the trailer.
  8. bjlawnman

bjlawnman LawnSite Member

Very nice set-up.... I Love the toro stuff.. How many accounts do you have??
  9. curry

curry LawnSite Member

I only do this 1-2 days a week. I have 21 full service accounts and another 5 "mow and go" accounts. My brother helps me when I get behind. I have a regular 8-5 job with flexibility.
  10. RWS

RWS LawnSite Member

Thats a real nice set up you have there. Good luck this year.