Pics of my tea sprayer/spreader contraption.

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by wallzwallz, May 20, 2008.

1. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

Here is my sprayer/spreader I put together, on a fairly tight budget. It is not pretty, but works nice. I have this for 1 large lawn, roughly 120K', and am not looking to expand, as I am happy w/ current clients and work load.

Sprayer 1.jpg

Sprayer 2.jpg

2. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

Wally...they should have shot the plumber that piped that sprayer...LOL It looks a lot like the one I use...nice set up you have there...just kidding ya about the Plumber part

Daner guy

3. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Is that the 26 gallon model?
    Have you tried the boomless sprayer nozzle?
    12 volt right, just hook up to the battery?
    4 GPM or 7.5 GPM pump?

Talk about sustainable, why would you buy an $80,000 spray truck and pay $5.00 per gallon for diesel at 5 MPG. You can fill that up at each site and not carry water around.

You are every close to something that you will enjoy that comes out in a couple of weeks

4. wallzwallz

Daner, It's cool, nothing is permanent on the hoses. Was thinking of 6 nozzles instead of 5 and lower spacing and height, but w/ the new tips , i am getting what I want for out put. Their is a30' spray hose wrapped around it also.

Bill, That is the 40 gallon, no on boom, height is too much for my use, ocean front on a hill, very windy.12 volt, shurflo 7.0 gpm, that I added, came w/ 3.8 gpm. By the way I am Michael, I did a name change, hope that helps.What will I enjoy, the bikinis?

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

that is sweet nice work

6. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

I like it a lot
    A smaller model could fit on the back of a zero turn and you could cut while you spray. Unhook it easily when you don't need it

There are some ingredients that you could spray, while you cut BTW, that will make fungal disease history.

7. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice use of an old Gravely! Who did your welding? Does it ever "wheelie"?

8. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I bet you could easily throw something like that on a Walker rider, the one without a hopper.

9. wallzwallz

Bill, what is it? What is close to me? lol

Razor, No wheelies yet, you can't see it but the frame for the sprayer is tied in past the center of axle. I have a mig welder and long winters. The sprayer comes off in 5 bolts and the frame is 6 bolts. If it did start to lift fill the 120 lb hopper up.

Deepgreen, Walker has a sprayer like this but for the front, Walkers suck w/ too much weight in back. I have a walker but it's still to new to trash. Had the gravely already.

10. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

true, you can always go backwards :D It would have to be a small tank, I just always see those without a hopper and think how much that looks like wasted space. You got to admit they leave a nice cut though.