1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pics of new 7x14 incl. interior and exterior

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Mar 21, 2012.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Finally have pics to show of the interior of my enclosed.
    The side ramp I ordered, to me, already is a MUST have for my WB and 21"
    I plan to Fastrap down my WB. Any suggestions for the Z - should I go Fastraps OR Prolocker? My gut feeling is that Fastraps are kind of a pain to use on a large wheeled Z but need opinions. Also, how do you guys fasten down a 21"?

2. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i really like the side ramp! hmmm wonder wht it would take to change my side door to a ramp!
  4. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

A lot of money
  5. johnyredd99

johnyredd99 LawnSite Member
    from gap,pa

take notice that mowers are not straped down. nor are the e tracks or eye hooks to strap to installed. beautiful trailer. it is... until emergency stop for office worker at yellow light and mower comes thru front of trailer dont trust the brakes on equipment. strap them
  6. jdutcher003

jdutcher003 LawnSite Member

He clearly says that he wants opinions on what straps to use! So they will obviously be strapped down once he gets them
  7. johnyredd99

johnyredd99 LawnSite Member
    from gap,pa

apoligize for overlooking that detail. atleast statement was made and maybe others wont make the mistake of thinking because its an enclosed trailer straping is not needed.

personally use etracks

6k pounds should cover you on most accidents and will also give you more options when straping 4 wheelers tractors etc
  8. weeble67

weeble67 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree I really like that side ramp. That will be so handy.
  9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Yep mowers will be strapped I am just going for placement right now until season starts then strapped they will be.

I already have Fastraps for the WB. I hear one vote for etrack for the Z. Anyone think that Fastraps or Prolockers will work better/worse for a Z?

Also, what solutions does everyone have for securing a 21"?

(FYI - some of you are probably wondering why I didn't get the floor line-ex'd or something. The floor is Rainblock engineered for one, and I just don't have time to get the thing done since the season is starting like next week. Perhaps I can get a linex job done down the line....)
  10. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I was wondering when you would get some pics up, it looks great. I vote for vertical etrack screwed to the floor next to the wall. This will give you a way to tie down alot of equipment types. How mauch room do you have behind the WB after the door is up, can you walk around it?