Pics of OCDC?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bunton Guy, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone got pictures of one?? Im trying to weld up my own to put on my bobcat Z so far I have the plate cut out of the discharge chute but cant seem to figure out a good hinge settup any tips? I have ideas but it almost seems like to much trouble to fabricate.

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Did you check the Dixie Chopper site?

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Is this what yor looking for ?
    [​IMG]

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=39517

I made this one for my Scag w/b I would use more like 1/8" plate if I had enough laying around (maybe I do i'll look) but you just have to figure out where you need to bolt it onto the flap holes and make it all meet up. I would say use a cable like I did, one with the longest travel is best and then drill several small holes in a vertical part of the plate and use vise grips to temporarily clamp your cable sleeve on part of the deck such as the area around the spindles that is vertical wall area and find the best place to clamp it and the best leverage point to hook your cable end into and then drill you a hold and use a bolt and a big wide washer to hold your cable sleeve clamped in position (bend part of the washer downward to hold the cable in against the bolt) and then make a plate with a cut out for the control and screw that into the control panel on your Z or wherever is most convenient. If you can get Rotary brand parts at a parts store I can get you the number of a cable that would work real well it has 3" of travel compared to the normal 1.5" or so most throttle cables have plus you can twist it to lock into position so it doesn't fall or vibrate down. I used a standard throttle cable but thats just what I had.
    It isn't a bad idea to drill lots of 3/8" holes in the plate for ventilation (they will still get plugged but it can/does reduce blowout alittle and helps airflow under the deck) if you have a drill press, if not it will be too much trouble.
    Good luck,
    Eric

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

or this ????
    [​IMG]

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Mowerconsultant, tell us more about that chute cover. Is there a web site?

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Maybe this ???
    [​IMG]

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I can order this OCDC for you, it is called a QwikChute.
    About $250.00 to your door, You will have to drill a hole maybe 2 to mount it.
    This unit is great !!!
    [​IMG]

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Oh yeah....
    www.qwikchute.com
    They will bolt on to a Hustler and Exmark with no holes drilled.....
    They will fit the Bobcat and Bunton also, but with a hole or two needing to be drilled....

I can order these for you, pm me if your interested, $250.00 to your door, anywhere in the US

Later
    Pj

10. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Wonder if I could use it on my 32" walkbehind?