Pics of showroom?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by lawnboy, Jan 7, 2006.

1. lawnboy

lawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I need some ideas on setting up our showroom. We have a landscape supply store outside, and a few offices inside, but it looks really trashy inside. Our building is 12000 sq feet. The back half we use for a shop, and the front section i have always wanted for a showroom. I want to fix that up. Do any of you have a showroom area. Any ideas??

2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

A good cleaning and fresh paint for starters.

3. DTE

DTE LawnSite Member

Try to find some really old tools of the trade to decorate the area. People seem to like places with an old school look. Just my opinion, I am new to all of this.

4. lawnboy

i like that idea, I could get some old mowers and signs with it.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

now when you say landscape supply store, what do you supply?

6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

How about penning up some sheep on some artificial turf and putting up a sign that it's the way lawns used to be mowed many years ago. :p

7. lawnboy

We have bark chips, stone, boulders, water fountains, bricks, you know.

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

why not have samples of everything that you have in the front show room? Maybe even setup small landscaping beds or designs with the material that you have.

9. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

absolutely....and remember, what you sell continously goes in the rear of your showroom, high profit and impulse buy items go in front and near your counter so that every customer must walk past them and see them. The grocery model. Clean, well lit, displays and a planned foot traffic path that leads your customer to where YOU want them to be.

10. lawnboy

I never thought about the idea of the popular things in the back, but it makes sense. I bought a bunch of fountains the other day, so i am thinking some of those throughout. Also, I was thinking of building a flagstone fire pit in the middle of the room.