Pics of some of our mowing equipment and work

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DSLS, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

That is a lot of mowing!

2. ilike2mow

ilike2mow LawnSite Bronze Member

Those stripes look real nice! I have put stripes on my grandfather's property with his Kubota zd21 mower.

3. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Very very nice. Those Kubotas are sweet machines.

4. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

What model are they and are they 60 or 72 inch?

5. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Love it...

Getting it done!

6. DSLS

DSLS LawnSite Member

Thanks for the compliments!

Chevy z71 - the Kubotas are ZD326P with 60" decks. Just bought them at the end of 2013 to replace my toros, exmark and hustlers. They have been great so far with no problems and burn far less fuel. The savings from going to diesel from gas is adding up pretty quick. The three Kubota mowers in the picture all have about 300hrs each from this season so far. They get a lot of grass mowed but my 15' batwing finish mower will really knock out some acreage quick.

A little about my company -
    I started doing mowing and landscaping at 13 and now 31. We do lots of mowing to include residentials of all sizes, HOA communities of condos from as few as 10 units to properties with over 200 units and single family homes, HOA common areas and entrances, commercial properties, industrial, and larger government properties like parks ranging from 1 acre to over 20 acres. Also we do all types of landscape work from new construction installs, complete change outs on properties, year round maintenance, small and large finish grading jobs, irrigation, bush hogging, snow removal and the list goes on and on. I have 4 full time employees that work a lot of overtime and pretty much year round. I'll get some extra help as needed. One or two may ask for a lay off in the winter for a month or two sometimes. We pretty much run wide open all day every day to try and keep up and sometimes at night. Earlier this year I had a big grading job to do with a 1 week deadline. The worst part is that it had to be done at night because it was a shooting complex that had shooters all during the day. We would mow all day then I would be on a tractor or skid steer all night grading, seeding, and blowing straw until 6am then it was time start mowing again. That was a long week but it got done. As things have continued to grow we keep running out of room in my shop and pole barn so I am excited we are breaking ground on a new shop next week.
    Any questions for me feel free to ask!

7. BandBLawncare

BandBLawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Great stuff keep the updates and pics comming!

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Very impressive! I am wanting to transition into more full service but Im stuck in between not having enough work to not be the mowing foreman, and not enough time to do anything but mow haha. I'm hoping to have that fixed by this time next year.
    Posted via Mobile Device