Pics of the custom built kees bed edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookiemower, Jun 18, 2005.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a custom built kees bed edger. the factory makes nothing like it. and for $750 the price is unbeatable :cool2: And a picture of my rig (truck is a 2000 F-350 PSD) The final pic is of the edge it cut before mulch

MVC-001S.JPG

MVC-002S.JPG

MVC-003S.JPG

MVC-006S.JPG

MVC-009S.JPG

2. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

how fast does it edge?

3. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

it's pretty quick, if the beds been edged in the past its real fast. but if its really overgrown its a decent pace. :cool2:

4. MORETORQUE

MORETORQUE LawnSite Member

I don't get it ,could you explain it what is the point? I use a weed eater to edge the beds, am I missing something here?

5. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

How deep does it cut and what angle does it leave the cut when finished say compared to a Brown or an EZ Trench?

6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Its a heavy duty edger for cutting a new edge on a bed you can also use it to enlarge the bed by cutting away overgrowth.

7. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

A true bed edger is used to put an edge where there wasn't one before.......say if a customer wants a new bed installed. It actually digs up the ground leaving a nice clean edge of grass while at the same time shaping the bed.

Check out the link below to see what I'm talking about.

http://www.brownmfgcorp.com/bededger/

8. MORETORQUE

I try to make the work as fast and easy as possible. I am in a business with every cut throat in town. Those pieces of equipment look awsome but are they necessary ? I just spray the bed with round up I want to make and just come back with a weedeater and burn it out and just make the line I want. I'll be it not as professional but way more efficeint? Am I missing something?

9. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes. The angle of the bed relative to the angle of the grass line. When you mulch, it falls down to the gras line, but will not spill out. Looks really nice.

This same thing can be done using a flat shovel, but it is very time consuming.

Look at the first picture on the right side of the page in the link I provided, and you will see the angle and depth I am talking about.

10. MORETORQUE

I saw it , it looks great . Will people pay for it? I am for anything if people will pay for it!