Pics of the Kubota BX2230

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Team_Yamaha, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha LawnSite Member

First off, thanks again for everyones input when I was looking for a new lawn mower. Here are a couple of pics of the Kubota that I bought. In the pictures you will see the blade off of my John Deere that I kept, got painted to match, and just got a mount made up kit the BX2230. The pictures are missing the 60" mower, as it is at the dealership getting the mulch kit put on.

Kubota1.jpg

kubota2.jpg

2. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

We have the same exact one at school except, we dont have the mower deck for it. BTW, looks great, its a nice machine

3. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

Looks nice. What is the rated lifting capacity and how much would you actually try to lift up in the bucket a couple feet off the ground before it started tipping?

4. RonR

RonR LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Mine will lift (per manual) about 500 pounds. You really need rear ballast as the rear gets pretty light! I use a five foot box blade on mine as ballast. They are tippy if you don't watch what you are doing, especially on slopes.

Great tractors though.

ron

5. Team_Yamaha

500 lbs sounds about right. I did some asking about lifting cap. before I bought it, the dealer told me that Kubota rates their machines lift at the bucket cutting edge. Where JD and New Holland rate theirs at the center of the bucket. At least thats what I was told.:rolleyes: Really havn't lifted much with is yet. Just a couple full buckets of sand. It lifted them without any problem.

As far as the rear getting light, I have 75lb weights in each rear wheel plus 12 gallons of fluid in each rear and 3.5 in the fronts. So between the weights and the fluid I have added about 500 lbs to the machine. It works great!!

6. bnrhuffman

bnrhuffman LawnSite Member

Nice looking tractor.
    Ive got a BX23. I didnt get the tires loaded, most of the time I use the loader, Ive also got either the box blade or backhoe on. I would like to have a set of wheel weights for the times I dont have an implement on the rear though. Are your wheel weights Kubota or aftermarket? And if you dont mind, how much werre the wheel weights?

7. Team_Yamaha

I took them off of one of my John Deere 400's that I traded in. I asked my father who had bought the 400 brand new and he said that they were bought right from the JD implement. I would do a search on Goggle and see what you can find. Otherwise I would put fluid in the tires, I used windshield washer fluid. Since it won't corrode the rims and won't freeze until -35 degrees. Just a thought, sorry I can't be of more help with the weights.

8. lb59

lb59 LawnSite Member

Is this a 4 or 6 way blade?

9. lb59

lb59 LawnSite Member

deleted- it was a deplicate post.

10. HowTheDow

HowTheDow LawnSite Member

John Deere 54" snow blades are hard to part with. I just bought one with hydraulics for my BX2230. I thought I would have to weld up a mount until I read that you found a kit. Or so I took it. Would you say a bit more about the mount? Any change in the hydraulic piping? The paint on your plow must have John Deere people both smiling that their product is a good one and frowning that you didn't buy a compact to mount it on. :)