1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of the New Exmark/ Toro Commcercial Version of the Timemaster

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Church2224, Sep 26, 2012.

1. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

I think you've been deceived. LOL :laugh:

See the dude pointing at the front wheel. He's telling the people at the day-bu about the all new Exmark 30in commercial mower and how the wheels are powder coated aluminum wheels with solid rubber tires rolling on ball bearings. I think he mentioned something about how they rolled as smooth as his head.

Personally, I'd like to see them put small air filled tires on them. It would be less shock on your hands when cutting a rough bumpy lawn. :)

2. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Took me a few minutes but I was incorrect. You are right that it's not possible.

3. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Well it looks like side discharge, bag and mulch.. I guess those are the mulch baffle in front of him..

4. Catmann

Catmann LawnSite Member

That side discharge chute looks kind of small, like it would be 70% side discharge and 30% mulching when using it. Seems like it could clog up a little with tall wet grass.

5. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

Interesting side note for you guys....

While at Husqvarna, I used to work with the uhhhh "follicly challenged" :laugh: guy in the photo. Hi Jeff! :waving:

He was the Design Engineer responsible for the PZ project. He's a heck of an Engineer and a genuinely good guy. If he's in on the project, it ought to be alright.

Q

6. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

Well that is good news. I would rather get this for some of my smaller yards rather than a 32 inch, so if this succeeds, great.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I retired my Ferris 36" SD because of this. It had less than 200 hours. I could fix it for around $300 but due to the belt design, it could happen again at any time. I put an electric spreader on the front and that's all it does now. If my other 36" was destroyed or stolen I could put the SD back into service relatively quickly. I wonder how much it would cost me to put the non timed blade 32" deck on it?

8. KV9064

KV9064 LawnSite Member

Looks interesting, hope its better than the Toro havent heard much good about it. Looks built alittle heavier than the Toro

9. Kevin R

Kevin R LawnSite Member
    from Canada

I hope it has reverse or at least reverse asist. That would be one heavy mower to pull back when bagging

Other then that it looks like a great mower.

KR

10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

no one has asked the most important question-trans-how many speeds? i see the personal pace is gone-good! but i dont want to see a one speed thats billed as vari speed but isnt.