Pics of the New Exmark/ Toro Commcercial Version of the Timemaster

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Church2224, Sep 26, 2012.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Ill just follow along, wonder if toro will make a commerical version?
  2. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Well i think that's how there self propelled system works. If you wanna go faster pull the handle farther, slower just let up on it...

What i wanna know is PRICE$$$$ That things a beast and i think i'm wanting one and don't even need it...
  3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

First, it needs a three-speed transmission similar to the Proline.

Second, it really needs a little more power than the FJ180v can deliver. It's a nice engine on a 21" mower, and I am sure it will work ok. But trying to mulch thick St Augustine is going to be a struggle. Unfortunately I don't think there is a better choice.
  4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

well at least keith gets it. you cant have a slip the belt to slow up on a mower this size. it should have the toro 3 speed trans.
  5. Kevin R

Kevin R LawnSite Member
    from Canada

My thoughts exactly! :laugh:
  6. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

You guys are like to kids looking through the window of a ice cream store. LOL
  7. petscanning

petscanning LawnSite Senior Member

well if it was like the time master I had it mulched so fine anything with any moister would turn to paste then gum up the whole mower. I wouldnt buy one till you heard from someone cutting fescue or green weeds. Everytime I would cut as soon as I would let off the blade clutch the blades would stop and drop a 10 lb ball of grass pulp. You can keep that thing. Im lucky my dealer took it back
  8. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

This looks like a remake of the exmark metro 26", only with a bit of a bigger deck and a side discharge chute. The 6 hp kawasaki engine isn't going to be strong enough to handle the weight of that machine. I wonder how much that thing weighs? The timemaster is about 135 lbs.
  9. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks pretty tough for a walk behind...I wonder how it'll stack up compared to the new Toro 30" Turfmaster.
  10. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Seriously , you tried to mulch green weeds. I don't care what brand you mulch with , never mulch weeds they will make a mess everytime. Don't blame the mower yyou should be side discharging.