Pics of the New Exmark/ Toro Commcercial Version of the Timemaster

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Church2224, Sep 26, 2012.

1. JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I called toro on the turfmaster, they did not have a lot of info on it. They read to me what I could easily read online. My dealer got it in for me to look at, but at twice the price ($1899) of the timemaster ($999) I need more info. Wish toro would step up and CLEARLY explain how much has changed on this vs the residential model.

Really interested in the transmission, it looks Identical to the timemaster underneath. Maybe toro can clear this up?
  2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

its a one speed slip the belt to vary speed trans. wont work in commercial conditions. yes it will go fast-no it wont go slow -without you pushing it
  3. LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Not sure how you came to that assumption, most commercial 21" mowers are belt-slip other than honda, they work fine, you just dont squeeze as hard, I've used commercial 21" Toro for years and never had any issue, sure the belts wear out over time, but thats what belts do. I know this machine isnt for everyone but it will have a calling when a 21" would be used, but a 32/36 walkbehind wouldnt.
  4. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

My Exmark 21 s series works like that. No issues with it, great mower.
  5. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

I think i'm going to go to my dealers open house on Feb 26. They are an authorized dealer for Exmark. They're going to have all the new mowers for demo and a lunch catered so i figured what the heck.. Can't wait to see the new mowers...
  6. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

The area inside of 2 15 inch circles is almost exactly the same as 1 21 inch circle. The square inch area of a 21 inch mower is 346 square inches while the square inch area of the 30 inch with dual 15's is 352 total. You probably have a point, but I feel power won't be a problem. We will find out soon!

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It doesn't work like that. You are cutting a swath of grass 30" wide vs. 21" wide. The area behind the cutting swath has already been cut.
  8. Busybee Lawns

Busybee Lawns LawnSite Member

I have the timemaster used it last yr only!
    great for summer and fall!
    But this thing sucks in the spring really not enough Hp!

so looking at the commericial models there is no real change that i can ssee

a Waste of money
    also shame on toro for thinking we are stupid to pay extra $1000 for a bigger gas tank!1
    IMO Toro has gotton GREEDy
  9. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

try slipping the belt when mowing thick spongy st aug grass. or mowing hills. its a cheap way of getting around installing a real trans and toro is just taking the cheap way out
  10. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you mean exactly by "slipping the belt?"