Pics of trimmer edge

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by trimmer, Jun 12, 2002.

1. trimmer

trimmer LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a digital camera and wanted to show of my trimmer edge since we have had countless arguments.

dcp_0001.jpg

2. trimmer

another

dcp_0006.jpg

3. trimmer

one more

dcp_0009.jpg

4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Amen Trimmer!!!!! I own a edger and barly even use it exept on new accounts to get the "groove" set. I feel that I can edge faster and do just as good of a job with a trimmer. Some taller edges must be done with a trimmer anyway.....I like to utilize my equipment to the fullest instead of constantly running back to the truck to switch machines! Toughest part is just teaching the employees to edge correctly with the trimmer!

5. Grass_Slayer

Grass_Slayer LawnSite Member

that is so awesome!!! i havent gotten that good with the trimmer yet but i'm workin on it. those lines are awesome, and so straight!!!!!!

6. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

That closeup photo looks really good. What kind of grass is that and how high are you cutting it? I used to live down there and it sure don't look like bahia to me! That driveway looks like an opportunity to make some pressure wash money (if you have the time). Just do a small area to show the difference.

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

that my friend is real good clean wk. if i could do that w a trimmer ,i wouldnt ever use an edger.. been doing this 30 yrs ,but cant do that.

8. CompleteLawn Service

CompleteLawn Service LawnSite Member

Whats's an edger?????:D Out west here all edging is done with string trimmers. I havent seen an edger on any LCO's trucks in a long time. If you guy's take your edger's off your trucks put them in the garage or garbage can,you'll be edging like those photos in about 3 months.

Less gas, less motors, less maintance,more room = more money!

9. trimmer

Tony,

The grass in the both of the pictures is St. Augustine cut at 3.5", I go to 3.75 every so often on the first pic during the summer. I used to offer preasure cleaning but someone stole it back around christmas, sure do miss that thing and it made me some quick easy cash. Any way I think that drive way would be to big to do with a wand.

10. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I only edge with my trimmer too. I cant see wasting time with an edger if you can do a nice job with a string trimmer.

Good Job!