Pics of Walker results!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kjfaulk, Apr 7, 2003.

1. kjfaulk

kjfaulk LawnSite Member
    from NC

I have had my walker now for about 6 months and I think every time I get on the mower, it amazes me with something that it can do. I have been very satisfied with the mower and so have all of my customers that have seen the mower work. This customers loves the clean cut and results of using the walker. Here is a picture of one of the properties we use the walker on.
    Thanks
    Kevin

9.jpg

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Looks good, but what I don't understand is that everyone is always saying the Walker cuts better than anything else but I bet you could find alot of other mowers that would leave it looking that good mulching or discharging. It does look good, but maybe the cut quality is alittle teensy bit overrated? ;)

3. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

Actually my young friend, I have used many types of mowers, and the Walker really does do the finest job I've seen from a rotory mower.
    The deck follows ground contours better than Mid mounts, Three wheeled front mounts and the rigid walkbehinds.
    (I haven't tried one with a floating deck yet.)
    Maybe you can rebuild one and add it to your fleet.

4. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with you kj, they are just a little too slow, BHB demo one and you will understand what he's talking about. kj, what trailer do you have and does the Walker drag easily when loading and unloading?

5. Huften Lawn Care

Huften Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from CT

My new walker arrived yesterday along with a small ice storm. I was concerned with it dragging when loading and unloading from the trailor, so I mounted a piece of 4" firehose along the hinge lip. Well, after loading and unloading I dont think I even needed it, but it might be of use when the angle of the ramp is more severe. As far as speed, remember cutting speed and top end ground speed are two different animals.

6. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to play devil's advocate here, but those stripes are not that good. There is too much color variation within the stripe. Looks as if your blades are dull.

Furthermore, you need to OUTLINE LAST. I see people posting all the time that they cut the perimeter, and than the stripes. This is a perfect example of why you do NOT do that. You can see the turn marks very clearly ( at least to me).

Keep practicing, you'll get it.

7. Andrew S

Andrew S LawnSite Member

grazzmazter picky picky

yes I admit it I am a big fan for the walker mowers and I think tha t they are one of the better mowers available today

thanks

Andrew

8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Hey I haven't demo'd one, that is just an observation based on that picture. I'd like to demo one but my dealer is rotten and dropped them anyway. If you can hook me up with an old beater I'd like to rebuild one hehe..... Walker's haven't caught on here yet really.. I don't think most people really care to have it bagged.

9. Nice looking property and lawn. Walkers in my thoughts are the best bagging mower out there. They do have a great cut quality.

10. kjfaulk

kjfaulk LawnSite Member
    from NC

ALL RIGHT!!!!! I am going to try and answer everybodys questions. As for the trailer, I had a enclosed that dragged real bad, but the open trailer has a dove tail and does fine. As for you GRAZZMASTER, for your information the blades are slightly dull, but as for the turning in the grass you are so far off, on that property we mow all the way out onto the road, so clean the pollen from your eyes, and stop being so picky. You might get more out of life. As for you Bushhogboy, we have many other mid-mount mowers as well as front mount mowers, you can put a fresh set of blades on the other mowers and the walker can have dull blades and the walker has always done a much cleaner cut as well as even. You pay for what you get. Always remember that.
    Grazzmazter, those stripes are a 10 days old you see coming from the house. The others were cut parrallel to the road the day I cut the property. And I do cut the outline of the property last. How can you say all that an not know.