PICS What your old accout looks like When?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Hartzog, Mar 3, 2008.

1. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

a competitor takes your account for 7 years + and can't even do the job.

03 02 08 086.jpg

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

One big thing I try to sell is myself. I emphasize to clients that they don't have to worry about me showing up on time and doing quality work. But this is what some want, a cheap price!

3. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

You just can't beat a low price....I only charge $100 a month to not maintain a property...any size.

4. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

This is the famous Taco bell that i have written about on lawnsite.

5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Is that all the grass there is? He could cut that with a comb and pair of scissors, and to think he lets it get to the point of looking that bad.

6. Skyking

Skyking LawnSite Member

Just curious what would you charge to take care of that.

7. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Is the idiot still in business?

That is pitiful! Why even bother? If you are interested in that account, why not go in and speak to the manager again while it is looking like that?

I mean jeez, that guy needs a smack to the back of the head. I am embarrassed for you and you don't even do the job anymore. You know people still associate you with that job after 7 years though.

Good Luck, Hope it works out!

8. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

they are doing a great job!!!lol

9. rucker lawn

rucker lawn LawnSite Member

Just a question, do the managers or the district managers make the call on their lawn service? my point is, does this guy maintain several other stores in your area? I bid an auto zone last week that has not been touched for at least 4 months according to the manager. I noticed it driving down the road b/c of all the trash on the side of the building. The manager was thrilled I came in, however he has to let the district manager make the call for maintenance. Good news is, he has 12 buildings to make the decision for. Hope I get that one.

10. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I see places that look like that all the time. I keep wondering, should I pull in and give them an estimate because they either have nobody or he didn't show up, or should I stay away because nobody wants them due to late pay or something? I keep wanting to try to get new accounts, but I have 2 more years of college, the tough years, and I don't want to get in over my head and either grades fall or customers leave. I figure it's better to stay small for now than to grow and have to cut back because of school.