********Pics********

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Bobcat s250 NY, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Bobcat s250 NY

Bobcat s250 NY Banned
    from texas

Hey guys all of the hardscape guys on here are always showing pictures of their work. Do you guys have any pictures of systems running? I have a few. We do so many installs a year, but for some reason just never take the pictures.. Oh well maybe this year.:hammerhead:This was a big pretty big one, 36 zones, 1"1/2 looped main Head spacing was between 24 and 30 feet. This picture was taken right before winterizing sometime in Early December .:hammerhead:

lenny.jpg

2. Bobcat s250 NY

Bobcat s250 NY Banned
    from texas

Heres a few making a sytem legal . Installing Retrosetter

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting concept with the retro-setter, I've never seen that here. It looks just like a Watts DCV, with union ends?

Of couse, it would be just as simple to not cram all that in the little box there and just dig out a bit and install the DCV, thats how I did all my retrofits.

4. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

5. Bobcat s250 NY

Bobcat s250 NY Banned
    from texas

DirtyWater,
    Normaly I would but it isnt legal to do that in this township. Out here on the Island many townships have there own requirements for backflow. In this town the only thing they will accept is a retrosetter bought from them placed in the meter pit. Cost for the valve is Around 230- 260. Its basically more money for them. They really started to crack down on the illegal systems there last year. We picked up many customers that had flyby nights that had to clue how to make the sytem conform to the water departments requierments. This town isnt that bad, 1 town over on every install you need to dig down to the watermain(average 5 feet deep and install a self draining curbstop and install the same retro in the meter pit. On average it adds another $1000 buck on each install in that town. They also require permits and an as built when complete. The reason they want the curbstop is so they can shut your water off if they catch you watering on the wrong day. Plus big fine. What a pain in the ass. :hammerhead:

6. Bobcat s250 NY

Bobcat s250 NY Banned
    from texas

Thanks ICS. Its alil overkill for a service truck but i figured better 2 heavy than 2 light. Its a 2004 F450 6.0 diesel flatbody with a 175 cfm skid mount compressor on it.
    Heres another shot winterizing though with on of our Installation trucks

Picture 283.jpg

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Just shows how things vary. That stop & waste curb stop is being discontinued elsewhere as it is now being considered an avenue to contamination.

One town I worked in, years ago, bumped up their outdoor meter pits to 36" diameter, making it really easy to include a BP on a curbside lawn sprinkler connection. At the same time, they stopped using pit covers with an inner plastic sub-cover. Seems they figured out that a hole at least four feet deep provides enough heat to keep the pit plumbing from freezing, even without an inner cover.

8. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a sweet estate

9. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

It's against code here to install any BF with unions. I like the idea of having unions on BF's from a service standpoint it can't get any easier.

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You might google up your codes and look for actual language. In a meter pit with unions and tight fits, it only makes sense. The 36" pit (or maybe it was a 30") was so roomy that I could use threaded brass elbows if I wanted. I think I did pull the inlet ball valve and threaded on an elbow, then replaced the ball valve, compacting the assembly a bit.