Pics

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by viper881, Sep 24, 2012.

1. viper881

viper881 LawnSite Member

How do u agitate the tank? Trash pump or no sand?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

That sealer is completely different from the one in the states. You buy it from the plant and that's how it is, no need to add anything to it, although the Joe blows around here add diesel/varsol/kerosene to it so they cut down their cost and do shitty work. lol

When you turn on the engine the pump will circulate the sealer from bottom to top.

3. Coater

Coater LawnSite Member
    from MI.

Is your tank heated?

4. JFGauvreau

No it is not heated, heating the tank would cause the sealer to explode :p

5. Subseven

Subseven LawnSite Member

Very nice. Looks like a Seal-Rite SR-700. Right? If so...how do you like that unit and what options did you get?

6. viper881

viper881 LawnSite Member

I love the unit! It works awesome. I added a few things of my own. I got just the standard sr-700. Not the Xp or extended deck. With it I got a spare tire NOT attached, water tank-which we do use a lot and works great but i think I could have made one myself for cheaper, but I liked how they mounted underneath the deck as I wanted it to take up zero space. Bought sr-700 with water tank and spare tire not mounted. Then I cut the sides off the deck all the way around. And put my brush box on the passendger side. Built a ramp on the driver side to push a blower up and a 10 gallon melter. On the front I put a 30 gallon crack melter.....55 is to big it will hit your truck if you turn to tight.

7. JFGauvreau

55 Melter on the tongue of the trailer is easily over 400 pounds + propane tanks, it would make most truck sag like crazy if it's a bumper hitch trailer.

8. SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

Do you know if sprayman in Barrie still sells Back mac or is he closed up ? No wholesale web site.

9. viper881

viper881 LawnSite Member

I dont drive with my propane tanks on the sealcoat trailer. They stay in the back of the truck until i get to the job. I do have just a crack melt trailer that i built for when i get some 10000+ lin crack jobs. works awesome. Put 2 55 gallons melters on the front and then i just load the skids onto the back of the trailer. I have a 3/4 ton chevy with air bags and it dont sag at all with them at 40 pounds. But if you dont have bags JFG is correct! Build what your truck is capable of. I had my 55 melter on the sealcoat trailer and it worked fine with the bags pumped up. The problem was it was a few inchs wider then my 30 and would hit my bumper when i turned to tight.

10. SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

Just bought a new 6x10 v-nosed enclosed trailer and new protect spray tank and pump for black mac. Will post pictures when I get everything setup.