picture attachment problems

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by FERT-TEK, Apr 19, 2005.

1. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Please help, a while back I subscribed to a thread for the "Gopher Business Challenge", in that thread I attached some images of business cards etc. for viewing. Those images are on my hard drive in the"My Pictures" folder. Today I tried to attach the same images to a different thread. They were also taken from the "My Pictures" folder on my hard drive. When I tried to upload them I got an error message saying that those files were already attached to another thread .... Gopher Business Challenge" and wouldn't allow me to use them.
    Does anyone have an idea what is wrong or how I can use those files in the "my pictures" folder again. PS, everything I have stored in that folder has been resized so I can use it here on LS.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

You will need to "trick" the software of this forum into thinking that you are posting a new picture. One way to do that is to rename your picture.
    If your picture is named businesscard, rename it businesscard2, and I think that will work.

3. FERT-TEK

Thanks Jodi, I will give that a try.

4. FERT-TEK

Just tried thwice on a different post to rename the photo I was posting and it wouldn't allow me to post it. Please check with your webmaster. I have never had this problem in the past.

5. 1MajorTom

Ever since the new upgrade took place, posting the same pic twice won't work. You either have to slightly resize the picture, or rename your picture file (which I just tested out, and it worked) to get your picture to post.
    There is one other way I know how to post a duplicate picture, it would be to right click on the picture you posted on lawnsite, copy the url, then put that url in img brackets.

6. FERT-TEK

maybe I am doing somthing wrong but renaming a pic is easy and didn't work for me. Regarding the upgrade requiring this to post pics doesn't seem to be much of a upgrade and I would expect that the moderators are going to get a bit of grief from this. Thanks working with me and hopefully I will get it right.

PS I understand the right click and copy the URL but what it the img brackets thing you mentioned?

7. 1MajorTom

8. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

Renaming the photo did not work for me either. I just resized it slightly and it worked. :cool2: